• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fancy rejoining?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Is that a whiff of desperation I can sniff there by the RAF?

Are there golden hello's attached to that? how would it affect those that are already in receipt of RAF pensions?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Looking at the upper age limit of 60 and being signed on for 3 years, you could sneak in just under 60. Would anybody want to work with a 62 year old cpl.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Is that a whiff of desperation I can sniff there by the RAF?

Are there golden hello's attached to that? how would it affect those that are already in receipt of RAF pensions?

No golden hello's just the promise to screw your tax over for a few years and totally mess with your pension. You can stick this on the pile of useless ideas along with the Post Nominals for engineers. What a load of penny pinching crap, just waiting for the targeted retention to come out so we can all laugh at that too.

Staws clutched "Satis"

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They will consider applications for positions ABOVE the rank you left at as well.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I’m sure this’ll work for some, even if it’s just a stop gap, not for me though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
For those who left (or are about to leave) before their normal engagement expiry date, there was a reason why we PVR'd (or ET'd), and I very much doubt that the reason has gone away.

Why not just keep the good guys on who are still in but getting forced out due to their engagement ending and thus you save the hassle of medicals, interviews, security clearances and 2 weeks refresher at Halton?

4everAD

Sergeant
For those who left (or are about to leave) before their normal engagement expiry date, there was a reason why we PVR'd (or ET'd), and I very much doubt that the reason has gone away.

Why not just keep the good guys on who are still in but getting forced out due to their engagement ending and thus you save the hassle of medicals, interviews, security clearances and 2 weeks refresher at Halton?
That's already happening, I got signed on for another 3 years no questions (apart from medical) now on for Los 30 + 3. In the old days this was unheard of (bar continuance).

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
They 'might' get a bite from some if there was a cast iron promise to leave their pension and EDP alone but otherwise MWD has nailed it. You'd have to be mental to take this if you've already left when having enough......

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I reckon they’ll get a fair bit of interest from those who left before pension points.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
They will consider applications for positions ABOVE the rank you left at as well.

Which will of course do wonders for the morale of those still in, "Sorry, you're not getting picked up Smiffy as the Cpl who left 10 years ago under tranche 2, who got 97k is coming back. Yes i know he was a bag of **** tied in the middle and wouldn't have got promoted while he had a hole in his ar5e but he's got a degree now"

briggfairy

Sergeant
Just who are they expecting to re-join? anyone who PVR'd and has made a success out of leaving won't be interested, anyone who is on a pension would be mad as a box of frogs to rejoin which leaves either the people that left before a pension point (i.e. not deemed good enough to promote) or those that PVR'd and have regretted it ever since because they haven't been able to make a go of it in civvy street.

That pool of people wouldn't normally be seen as attractive unless you were seriously desperate and would hardly be a decent role model for a young thruster of an airman.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
which leaves either the people that left before a pension point (i.e. not deemed good enough to promote) or those that PVR'd and have regretted it ever since because they haven't been able to make a go of it in civvy street.

We have a winner!

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Don't get me wrong - but I wouldn't go for this if they did have a golden handshake...it wouldn't be enough!
But, as earlier observed, the advert doesn't hide the fact that they are desperate for...ANYBODY.
It appears that the Gavin has landed in MOD and allowed the begging letters to be sent out...with what appears to be no budget at all.
In simplest terms, the message reads...Fill the holes with somebody, anybody - but fit the holes.
I wonder how the grunts and the other lot will approach the same subject?

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It all seems a bit of a p!ss take to me. Is anyone reading this actually thinking about it? If so why?

You have to admit, it would be laugh though. But I'd speculate I'd last about 5 minutes before walking out the gate again. Anyway I wanna wear my beret again (standing in front of mirror at home, saluting myself doesn't count - did I say I miss the RAF lol)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

I saw that! S/L Fuego reporting for duty...and I want Vegas as a first posting, and no festive period duties ever, and no Orderly Officer ever..oh and no night flying or anything remotely dangerous.

Pop that contract in the post and I'll have my people contact you.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I saw that! S/L Fuego reporting for duty...and I want Vegas as a first posting, and no festive period duties ever, and no Orderly Officer ever..oh and no night flying or anything remotely dangerous.

Pop that contract in the post and I'll have my people contact you.

Vegas ain't that good, you'd be fed up in 2 weeks........:pDT_Xtremez_30: