• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

F1 2009- The season opener at Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia.

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just been reading that the Virgin deal with Brawn GP is worth $250,000 per race, and could be substantially more in the future.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37383

Brawn GP have done well to secure this deal and at the moment it seems good value for money. I did notice that during an interview on BBC, Eddie Jordan seemed a bit miffed that he never managed to get his hands on the Virgin money.
Well Jenson, Rubens & Brawn GP, long may it continue.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hamilton wins in Aus

Hamilton wins in Aus

Well he may do it is possible. Starting 18th he skillfully drives his way to 6th place then by overtaking nobody he wins. Trulli passes Hamilton under the safety car Hamilton up to 5th, Kubica and Vittel trash each others cars at the end, Hamilton up to 3rd. Brawn GP cars x2 defusers ruled not in compliance with the regs, both disqualified. Hamilton wins!!! and is on course to regain his title and his car is only a bit red. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

G

grumpyoldb

Sorry guys, but the diffuser has already been declared legal by the stewards.
All the appeal will do is endorse that clearing the way for all the other teams to use it.
McLaren have been building one for the past few weeks, and red bull have said that they are already redesigning the back of their car to take it.

Most of the teams had said it will take about six weeks to catch the Brawn cars.
That's how long the new diffuser will take.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
:pDT_Xtremez_42: I'm dreading the backlash already.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5120919,00.html

Yep, a buggers muddle already :pDT_Xtremez_35: Clearly McLaren had what happened last year at Spa in mind and so instructed Hamilton to give Trulli the place back, perhaps not even knowing that Lewis had passed him when he been off the track and could be construed as being 'in trouble'. So Trulli obliges and then finds himself in the poo for passing under the safety car.
So yet again we have incidents occuring at the close of the race where nobody has time to consult the officials, a decision is made by the teams trying to do the right thing to avoid getting hammered, and then the stewards go a stomp all over them anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

Hamilton disqualified from Australian GP!

Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place finish in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix after the world champion and his team were judged to have provided 'misleading' evidence during a post-race stewards' hearing.

The British driver had finished fourth on the road, but was moved up a position when original third place finisher Jarno Trulli was handed a 25-second penalty for having overtaking Hamilton behind the safety car.
However, following the discovery of new evidence, believed to be radio transmissions from the Toyota and McLaren teams, the race stewards convened a fresh hearing in Malaysia this afternoon to discuss the matter.

It is believed the radio transmissions contradicted the original statements presented to the stewards by Hamilton and McLaren.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74146

And in another twist................
Sebastian Vettel has been asked by the FIA to go and discuss the 10-place grid penalty he was handed for his involvement in a crash with Robert Kubica at the Australian Grand Prix.

The German's Red Bull Racing team has confirmed that Vettel has been asked by FIA race stewards' advisor Alan Donnelly to go through the rationale for being hit with a penalty for the clash that came as he fought for second place with Kubica in Melbourne.

It is not clear whether the FIA is considering revising the penalty off its own back, but Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner made it clear his outfit was not involved in any formal bid to reduce the punishment.

Seems like we may have another season where the stewards can't make their minds up.

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Just read that news on the Beeb. Not at all surprised as we've now come to expect this kind of thing after each race and to be frank I don't really care. My passion for this sport is slowly being ebbed away, and its not just because its Hamilton either. Nobody seems to be able to do right for doing wrong.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hamilton disqualified from Australian GP

What a complete and utter clusterf. As an outsider who doesn't follow this as closely as some it appears to be a right mess. They seem to have rules that aren't clear, stewards who interpret then in differing ways anyway, drivers and/or teams who tell porkies. All this and holding a meeting about meetings about deciding who wins. It a funny sport when the winner has the best argument in a meeting not the best driver/car on the track.

G

grumpyoldb

Standby for a possible thunderbolt! F1 could be turned into turmoil in the next week.

Following today's FIA meeting, an FIA spokesman has said that we cannot rule out further action at this stage. While it is unlikely to be as draconian as some sections of the media are reporting, some outlets are claiming that Hamilton could be thrown out of this years championship.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37419

It seems like mad max won't be happy untill he completely fcuks this sport up for everyone.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Right, so it seems as though Hamilton initially denied that he had let Trulli back through under direct instruction from the team. That resulted in Trulli being penalised for overtaking under the safety car.
The stewards then discovered that such an instruction had been given so on the face of it does smell rather fishy.
Of course we don't know whether or not it was that specific instruction that resulted in Trulli passing Hamilton, he may have just done it anyway thus rendering the McLaren communication to Hamilton irrelevant although I suppose Lewis would have said something like 'well he's already passed me' on the radio.
Its still become very messy and silly whatever the outcome, after all how can the panel prove Hamilton didn't just forget the exact details of the radio transmission in the euphoria of grabbing an unexpected 3rd place. Drivers aren't required to swear an oath or sign an affadivit when they give statements to the stewards are they?

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Mclaren fcuked up on this one, however it should have been up to the race director to have answered Mclarens question on position chane and allow him to take the place back. However being disqualified is total bollox for what he did and shows what a farce the present steward set up is.

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

I can't think of a sport where the goalposts get moved so often.
You can't blame confusion creeping in.
If Macca's did instruct Hammy to let Trulli past, knowing that he would get penalised, then that is some pretty hot thinking at that stage of the race.
I don't think that a computer could work out Trulli's response that quickly.

Too many bl00dy politics........................let them race!

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
Correct me if I am wrong after some of last years decidedly dodgy decisions by stewards I thought all decision s had to be transparent and all the facts made public. It is now leaving a really nasty taste in my mouth the political infighting and post race decisions upto 4 days later.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Correct me if I am wrong after some of last years decidedly dodgy decisions by stewards I thought all decision s had to be transparent and all the facts made public. It is now leaving a really nasty taste in my mouth the political infighting and post race decisions upto 4 days later.

Well this one seems to be more transparent than normal KQ. The transcript of the radio conversation is on the link posted by Grumps at the head of this page.