• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

F1 2009- The season opener at Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Hamilton's sandbagging, and doing a good job of it.

Really?? The Mclaren is the fastest car through the speed traps cos it doesn't produce enough downforce and the corresponding drag! Trouble for the macca boys is that the car doesn't like going around corners as quickly as the rest of the field for the same reason! when Mclaren say they have problems, they mean it!

GEM must be loving this!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

Really?? The Mclaren is the fastest car through the speed traps cos it doesn't produce enough downforce and the corresponding drag! Trouble for the macca boys is that the car doesn't like going around corners as quickly as the rest of the field for the same reason! when Mclaren say they have problems, they mean it!

GEM must be loving this!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Just look where Kovi was in 1st practice!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Could Webber actually win his home event??:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Webber seemed to be in the wrong place in second practice, in amongst the diffuser boys!

I do hope that the Red Bull is better this year, it'll be good to see Webber in a decent car. Dont forget, last year he managed to drag his car up in to positions it really shouldnt have been in. I rate him quite highly.

G

grumpyoldb

Webber seemed to be in the wrong place in second practice, in amongst the diffuser boys!

I do hope that the Red Bull is better this year, it'll be good to see Webber in a decent car. Dont forget, last year he managed to drag his car up in to positions it really shouldnt have been in. I rate him quite highly.

Webber has had the pole position there before..............in a Minardi!

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Don't like them. They have a CBBC presenter commentating on the pinacle of motorsport. Thank God they have Martin Brundle

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
At least we no longer have to suffer that utter tosspot James Allen.
Shame Louise has gone though, she quite often got to the drivers who retired before anyone else.

G

grumpyoldb

New teams for 2010 - Ecclestone

A little Off Topic, but Bernie has just announced that there will be three new teams for next year putting the grid up to 26 cars.

The F1 supremo said 26 cars will be on the starting grid for the 2010 campaign and that a medals-system will determine the championship.

"We'll have 26 cars on the grid next year - we've got a lot of people confirmed," said Ecclestone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7957788.stm

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
"Absolutely - if you go to the athletics and look at the 100m you're not looking at the guy that's second, you're looking at the winner,"

This has to be th most stupid quote i have heard all day. He is comparing a 7 month long championship to a 1 off race. I'm getting really annoyed with this now, if it isn't broken don't try to fix it!!! ::/::pDT_Xtremez_32:

Grand Prix fanatic..
Bernie's got Alzhiemer's, I sure of it!

Utter Bollox from Ecclestone on BBC News today!

Rosberg or the Brawn brothers on pole today I think...

Hamilton might make 2nd Quali....

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
So far not so good for Mclaren possible Drive chain issue.

There seems that there is considerable difference between the tyre compounds and some are using the super soft to stay in the game.

Heres to Jenson Button!!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Impressive drive by both of the Brawn drivers.

Are Brawn a force to be reckoned with or just a one hit wonder?

Grand Prix fanatic..
or the Brawn brothers on pole today I think...

Hamilton might make 2nd Quali....

Guessed those two right then! Role reversal for Lewis and Jenson then! Last time they were in competition, Lewis was in cloud nine and and Jenson was letting his Honda burn! It is amazing how much faster the Brawns are to everything else, however surely they can't keep that gap up for long (as history usually backs up), but long may the fairytale continue!

I like the story that its the first time a team have taken pole in their first race since Tyrell did in 1969, seeing that Brawn spawned from Honda, taking over BAR who took over...Tyrell!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

G

grumpyoldb

I must admit that I was wrong about the macca's.
Dead chuffed for Brawn/Virgin though. Or will it become Virgin/Mercedes?

Sir Richard Branson says his Virgin Group could take over the name and corporate identity of the Brawn GP team within weeks, following the announcement of a sponsorship deal at the Australian Grand Prix.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73974

Talk about jumping on the success wagon!

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Well that was interesting! Nice to see some different names up the pointy end of the grid for once, and also quite surprised at how close the times are with all the regulation changes that have taken place.
Jensen and Rubens back with a bang after a few seasons in the doldrums with a dog of a car, a tag that seems to have been neatly taken up by McLaren.
And was that Jonathon Legard co-commentating with Brundle? Whoever it was, he's cr@p :pDT_Xtremez_09: