• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

e-goat membership

e-goat membership

• Total voters
G

gemarriott

A few years ago the goat was seemingly made up of mainly serving personnel with a sizeable percentage of ex servicemen. I know in the distant past all the mods apart from a couple of old farts were then currently serving but now I think we are down S2, mad-collie and SSH with the rest all civvies. OOPS forgot the fuzz, sorry chip

I was just wondering if we are now more an EXRAF rumour mill than a RAF rumour mill?

Last edited:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I am still in but a scuffer so don't really count :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

P

pie sandwich

yep, civvy strasse is ace!!
Didn't bang out more forced out :pDT_Xtremez_14:

P

pie sandwich

Thinking about it I wounld'nt say it's a sign of the goat more a sign of the RAF today and how it's changed over the last 5 years.

G

grumpyoldb

During my time there were over 100,000 serving in the RAF with an average of 2,000 blue suits on each station. The number of active airfields have been dramatically reduced and the number of bluesuit posts have gone to contractors.
Within about 10 years we will probably have more brown job members than bluesuits. Oh, and more ex..............

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Thinking about it I wounld'nt say it's a sign of the goat more a sign of the RAF today and how it's changed over the last 5 years.

So consider the change over the last 20 years since I bailed and the next 5, thats 25 years. Then it's the end of the experiment 2018.

You can't run a service like a business, you need an ethos. In both directions.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I will never be a civvy. They will have to prise my F1250 (note 1250, not MOD90) from my cold dead hands when this callsign blows my own brains out at the main gate on the last day of my service.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I'm ex but just cannot let go.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Perrin

LAC
Still serving, in year 23, out next May.

Happy to be leaving, RAF is now run by acountants, people's attitudes have changed in the last 23 years, some blame the playstation generation, i kind of agree