• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-goat Identities!!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
One of my bosses at work has figured out what my E-goat name is? We had a laugh about it. But what experiences have you had (if any) when people have uncovered your online identity? Do you tone down what you say knowing that work colleagues/bosses are watching? Do you continue in the same vein? I await your stories and replies!!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
One of my bosses at work has figured out what my E-goat name is? We had a laugh about it. But what experiences have you had (if any) when people have uncovered your online identity? Do you tone down what you say knowing that work colleagues/bosses are watching? Do you continue in the same vein? I await your stories and replies!!
I bet you being a tw@t was a bit of a giveaway eh?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

WO Eng discovered my identity quite easily (not that I was trying to hide it). No repercussions as I have never said anything on the Goat I wouldn't say to anyone in real life.

Couple of Plumbers also know me, but they aren't likely to do anything are they!

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I know one of the biggest blabbermouths for giving away ID's. However, if it worries you, change it or have multi ones like all the MODS do (allegedly) :pDT_Xtremez_27:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I know one of the biggest blabbermouths for giving away ID's. However, if it worries you, change it or have multi ones like all the MODS do (allegedly) :pDT_Xtremez_27:

I'm not bothered mate. Just interested to know what everyone elses experiences are. I'll continue as normal and have a laugh at work about it. Just puttng a different angle of chit-chat on the Goat for a different type of Thread.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I am the same online as I am in real life. I didn't realise how identifiable that made me and had thought I had covered my tracks pretty well. Until I got a PM from an old friend that simply said:

"John?" (not my real name).

And then I went on a course last year and the goater known as PSF Angel said to me on the first morning "you use e-goat don't you?" - more of a statement than a question.

So it seems that people who know me in real life are easily able to recognise me on here. Oh, well. :S

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
I`m a Gob 5hite and a Boro boy(the only one with an education) lots of lads have figured me out ... ( tip here, don`t have an AVATAR that is your F1250 photo from RAF Swinderby Circa 1983). The only thing that worries me about the goat is ... GEM :pDT_Xtremez_17:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well most from my old sqn know me as Tashy anyways !!

Never had any repercussions in the past and now they have no chance of shutting me up !!

Crack on.....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

G

gemarriott

I`m a Gob 5hite and a Boro boy(the only one with an education) lots of lads have figured me out ... ( tip here, don`t have an AVATAR that is your F1250 photo from RAF Swinderby Circa 1983). The only thing that worries me about the goat is ... GEM :pDT_Xtremez_17:

how many times do I have to tel you, I'm fcuk all to do with the Mysterons:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
I started with Pprune and found the goat from there and this is my home from home so to speak now. But my boss found out who I was and my posts re a certain damaged aircraft in the east and the Nimrod threads were apparently monitored for a short while. I was fairly politely warned off from posting anymore comments on those threads.

K

kevin999s

I'm more likely to be recognised on here than on JPAarrrghh.......

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
I'm well known in my particular place of work, but I'm not worried as my senior management that are remote from me have their heads so far up their hoops that they probably don't know a world outside of their own exists. I even made topic of conversation in the hoccifers mess once as well, as my BEngO decided to inform me. Something to do with slating the mong toss management I think.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I had a Sqn Leader, Wing Commander, CAS, BoI panel and associates, tell me who I am. But then it doesn't take a genius to work out my identity :pDT_Xtremez_15:

G

gemarriott

You`re such a funny guy Gem ... That`s why I`m gonna kill you last ...

You still worry me ... stop sending PM`s about your fave QUICHE !

at least my favourite Quiche is a manly steak and onion with mustard and extra garlic as opposed your effeminate salmon and broccoli with an aged balsamic reduction dressing:pDT_Xtremez_02:

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
Most of the guys in at work know who I am and go looking for what I post. But I have never been asked for "A quiet word", yet.

On the other hand, I know of a few other people who post here.

Studley :pDT_Xtremez_06: :pDT_Xtremez_30: