• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-Goat Charities

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Ok, we have been getting some charity dosh in via adverts and sponsors.

At present we have about £479 quid raised with another $198 due to come in from google.

We already donated back in the early days £50 from our funds to Mrs Monobrow's race for life fund but now need ideas on what we think we should be donating too. Now not wanting to seem a bit of a bahard here but I would like a charity which has something to do with the RAF or military for example RAFA, RAFBF, Combat Stress, Yellow Ribbon Foundation, British Legion and any others you can think of.

Your comments and ideas please.............

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
I think RAFA is a good idea as it looks after our own.

Combat Stess because I think that there is going to be a real need for this charity due to the Iraq and Afghanistan conflits.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
AAAHS could always do with a donation . . . .:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Failing that, the RBL & RAFA would keep things close to home.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I know it may sound a bit silly, but are there any lesser known/smaller RAF/Military charities out there that could do with a bit of a boost both financially and in need of a bit of publicity?

Possibly an E-Goat wreath on remembrance day?

Just chucking ideas in .............................

M

mad_mo

What about The National Memorial Arboretum.

I know plaques can be left on individual trees within the Arboretum, as was earlier mentioned of having an e-goat wreath on remeberence day, a plaque would last far longer.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Most RAF camps have a playgroup or community place where wives can meet and let the kids play...These really come into their own when the partner is OOA...

Perhaps small donations to these funds on a camp by camp basis to buy some new toys or fund a newsletter to keep families informed of stuff...

I perhaps haven't sold this kind of idea very well but I work for SSAFA and am in contact with some/most of the larger charities already mentioned on a weekly basis and they get the lions share of income via particular box shaking drives, televised events and airshows plus straight from our pay packets...Many of the military benevolent funds are quite well off...it's just a job to get them to open thier purses!!

The Goat membership is nicely spread all over the RAF and people who contribute on here are well placed and motivated to look around each of their camps for the smaller, directly impacting groups and causes that the rest of us will never hear of...These are the areas that I think we should concentrate on.

Last edited:
G

gemarriott

I am with Vim on this, help running thrift shops, mother and toddler groups and other similar activities helps the families left at home when OOA hits.

I would like a donation to St dunstans too, a very under funded charity.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I am with Vim on this, help running thrift shops, mother and toddler groups and other similar activities helps the families left at home when OOA hits.

I would like a donation to St dunstans too, a very under funded charity.

Although it may appear that Gem and I are giving each other typed reach arounds here he has no idea that I met, was talk at and spoke to one the blokes who runs this place and who has been a recipient of it's services last December and it (and he) really really impressed me...With the kind of action members of the British armed forces are involved in I can see them becoming quite busy...roadside bombs et al can really ruin your day eyesight wise...

Look here:
http://www.st-dunstans.org.uk/pages/page.asp?i_ToolbarID=2&i_PageID=2

It lurks into the area of large charity but it's still worth a bung IMHO...

Any Goaters out there who can look around your camps for the small, underfunded enterprises?

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Good idea about the camps and smaller charities lads.

At the moment I'm for..........

Combat Stress
St. Dunstans
Small camp playgroups/communites that help families.

Just remember that we have money coming in every month from google but what I want to do is let the dosh build up over a few months so we can send out larger bungs to different charities. Once this is done we will keep a track on the front page of all the dosh donated and who we donated to.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can we get PS a rub down with a damp cloth so he can present these bungs? And where do you get those massive cheques, mine have always been of the standard size?

Lets face it PS can be no more scarier than Ronald Mcdonald...

W

wgaf

Can we get PS a rub down with a damp cloth so he can present these bungs? And where do you get those massive cheques, mine have always been of the standard size?

Lets face it PS can be no more scarier than Ronald Mcdonald...
As it a caring sharing Air Force with equal opportunities and all that, are we going to get S2 and POB to present the checks in their new pink number 1's.
Back on topic, combat stress gets my vote as unfortunately I think they're services are going to be more and more in demand.

tats

Sergeant
Good idea about the camps and smaller charities lads.

At the moment I'm for..........

Combat Stress
St. Dunstans
Small camp playgroups/communites that help families.

I agree with the above charities but I know that the YRF are doing a fund raising week next month and I think they are a good bunch who deserve some investment :pDT_Xtremez_30:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
You get the PR cheques (the big ones) from banks (but they'll most probably charge you for the privilage.)

I can just see the pics and headline in the RAF News now......

Unnoficial website run by RAF SNCO raises money for service charities......(Unlike the money grabbing one that all the Zobs use)

S

shoutingwind

how about the vulcan project? i would love to see that plane flying.

And how about county air ambulances? they are run on donations only and any one of us might be in a car crash and need their help to get us out and to the hospital quickly.

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Deffo agree about Combat Stress. I have known a few people to have suffered problems due to it and they faced nowhere near the level of combat the guys are seeing out in Iraq and Afganistan. A good article about it HERE on the BBC website. Failing that RAFA or RAFBF.

Last edited:
P

POB

Blesma

Blesma

The Britsh Limbless Ex-Servicemens Association are a very worthy organisation, and one close to my heart. Wobbly, please consider them when you are dishing out the wonga.

P