• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DWR whilst on the Wing

Theres a massive barny going on currently between people on my flight regarding DWR..

One of the lads has recently picked up DWR but hasnt really done less dets than anyone else on the flight and has people worried...

As far as we were aware if you do 90 days in an 18mnth period you fall to the bottom of the dwr list.. and then your clock would restart from the date you last accumulated your 90th day??

can any confirm this please

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Theres a massive barny going on currently between people on my flight regarding DWR..

One of the lads has recently picked up DWR but hasnt really done less dets than anyone else on the flight and has people worried...

As far as we were aware if you do 90 days in an 18mnth period you fall to the bottom of the dwr list.. and then your clock would restart from the date you last accumulated your 90th day??

can any confirm this please

81 continuous days or 91 aggregated over a 12 month period give or take a day or two.

chumpzilla

Sergeant
probably picking up all the DWR's from all the glassbacks and det dodging bar stewards kicking around at the moment. Think their maybe scope for appeal on that one!

So you have to do 81 continuous days or 91 in a given 12 month period before you are taken off the DWR list...

So on the wing if you do a 10 week det which will be 70 odd days and 20 days of exercise a year then you should be ok??

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
So you have to do 81 continuous days or 91 in a given 12 month period before you are taken off the DWR list...

So on the wing if you do a 10 week det which will be 70 odd days and 20 days of exercise a year then you should be ok??

No, the exercise days won't count.

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
yes

yes

Not off the list but at the bottom, remember also that if you do a 10 week det (70 days) and then another 10 week det (70 +70 = 140) the counter resets at the end of the second. Not the 92 day point.
If you then do another 10 week det in the same year as the last that will only give you 70 days. you cannot carry the extra days accross.

I always thought if you get LSA those days count. Whether thats on excercise extended course.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Sorry i meant exercises aka "mission rehersals" such as DOT

Still probably won't count. It depends on how your dets/exercises are recorded on JPA; speak to your clerk and ask them to look at you records but strictly speaking it should only be the OOA that counts for DWR reckoning.

Mightierthan

Corporal
The only times away that can count towards a DWR credit are:

-- Deployed Ops
-- Military Aid to Civil Authorities
-- Collective pre-operational training
-- Collective training for a primary role

Whoever 'arrives' you on JPA at the deployed unit is responsible for putting in the separated service code. If you have been on anything other than the first 2 above, you may want to check your separated service has been recorded correctly because, in some cases, different codes could cover the same detachment.

90 days aggregated in periods of 6 nights away (or more) will count.

Mightierthan

Corporal
Forgot to mention...

If you have a decent sqn WO and/or a half decent drafter, the drafter could, and should, speak to the sqn before placing anyone on DWR. At the drafter's discretion, he/she may belay a DWR if it is anticipated that an individual will accrue a credit before the anticipated DWR detachment date would become due.

At a previous unit, a few years ago, the drafters used to be great and would contact me before pinging any of the guys off the sqns on the unit. However, the sqn WOs were also good throughout, and kept the drafters up to date with people on the sqns who probably would deploy more than others and were more likely to accrue a credit.

Last edited:
N

Never Alert

If you cannot get home at weekends i.e. a routine det, then the days should count.

I've had this chat with the drafters many times and had several DWR credits awarded over the years from long stints working at MoD. I couldn't get home for up to a month at a time due to being on 1 hour recall so, despite PSF's best efforts, I made sure they counted.

Never alert, with regards to not being able to get home... it seems conflicting to some of the other posts, for example we are on hr notice to move when on standby guard, the same when we are covering conscribe etc...

fed_up_scribbly

Corporal
There is some very misleading advice being given on this thread. As an ex Wg Chf Clk I can assure you that the majority of routine UK dets/exercises (classed as training) will not contribute towards your DWR credits - the list provided by Mightierthan is the one the drafters are working to. That said, when I was on the Wg the drafters always gave me a call when they were planning on pinging somebody for an OOA so that i could arrange for them to go on a wg det so that a credit could be awarded.

There is some very misleading advice being given on this thread. As an ex Wg Chf Clk I can assure you that the majority of routine UK dets/exercises (classed as training) will not contribute towards your DWR credits - the list provided by Mightierthan is the one the drafters are working to. That said, when I was on the Wg the drafters always gave me a call when they were planning on pinging somebody for an OOA so that i could arrange for them to go on a wg det so that a credit could be awarded.

the guy in question has been told not to go on det before he goes away to accumulate enough days though... maybe i should suggest he speaks to drafter with regards this??

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
the guy in question has been told not to go on det before he goes away to accumulate enough days though... maybe i should suggest he speaks to drafter with regards this??

I suggest he speaks to the Sqn WO first. If he has been DWR'd he shouldn't be sent away by the formed unit without them speaking to the desk first.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
There is some very misleading advice being given on this thread. As an ex Wg Chf Clk I can assure you that the majority of routine UK dets/exercises (classed as training) will not contribute towards your DWR credits - the list provided by Mightierthan is the one the drafters are working to. That said, when I was on the Wg the drafters always gave me a call when they were planning on pinging somebody for an OOA so that i could arrange for them to go on a wg det so that a credit could be awarded.[/quote]

so that i could arrange for them to go on a wg det so that a credit could be awarded.[/Does this kind of back door activity not add to the problem, merely a question.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Thread revival!

We have just been chatting about DWR credits - one of the lads has asked PSF if this still exists and the reply was "What's a DWR credit?"

So, anyone know the gen or JSP on this?