• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dornier - tonights the night

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I'm led to believe 9pm tonight BBC1 live coverage of the Dornier being raised from the bottom of the English Channel - fingers crossed

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Looking forward to seeing the state of it...

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Here's hoping it doesn't break apart when they raise it as they've had to abandon their plans for a cradle as being too expensive.

8:15fromOdium

Sergeant
News 24 are covering it - latest news is that they will attempt a lift at 0130 (if the weather is good enough), hopefully good news during Breakfast TV in the morning.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Dornier Outline on the floor of the Coastal Command hanger at Hendon and I saw yesterday between the Museum hangers at Cosford, best they don't bollux it.

G

grumpyoldb

I don't know............. all that effort shooting the bugger down, now they want to bring it back up again! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I don't know............. all that effort shooting the bugger down, now they want to bring it back up again! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

And we (the British) are paying for it......they are crafty buggers ze Germans

Crack on...........

Sent from my iPad .....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
The salvage operation has been postponed for a week according to the >> BBC <<

G

grumpyoldb

It'll take a bit more than WD40 to get those wings off for road transporting though.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Apparently going down this route is quicker than asking BAE to get Typhoon cleared for Bombs.

A bit off topic---Didn't we once drag a Puma out of the sea and get it back flying?