• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do You Know Your 70s Cars?

That wasn't bad ----six out of ten and that's an honest reply. happy with that......some beautiful cars in the quiz, especially the cortina

Nearly bought a lancia hpe but wanted a car that would still be there after a light shower. So I bought an Alfa Sprint. That learnt me!

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
90%... could have sworn the BMW2002 was 1975. What about the VX490, Alfetta and the Fiat 124. Brings back memories, motoring in the 1980's for me was mainly in 1970's rust buckets held together with bodge and speed tape...

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Apparently, I don't know my 70s cars - but I think its more correct to say that I don't know high-end foreign 70s cars.

(I got the Marina one right!)

G

Gord

90%... could have sworn the BMW2002 was 1975. What about the VX490, Alfetta and the Fiat 124. Brings back memories, motoring in the 1980's for me was mainly in 1970's rust buckets held together with bodge and speed tape...

Ah, speed tape, the airman's friend. Not relegated to use by service personell only, I have seen many a car in the parking lots of various airlines that were held together with that wonderful stuff. In fact, I've owned a couple.

G

Gord

My effort was pathetic, only 30%, my excuse, well a lot of those cars never made it to North America to the best of my knowledge and I've been here since 1965.

8/10 for me, had 2 MK111 Tinas. Tool kit had to have a hammer, GS and No2 Philips screwdrivers plus the aforementioned Speed tape not forgetting a roll of bodge tape and cable ties.