• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ding Dong

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Well the lunacy continues unabated. Coupled to the 9 period day the school bell will be ringing it's cheery tones from Monday, that should be fun. Now I have no idea who exactly thought up this barking mad idea but rest assured if they wear the suit of blue they must surely be looking at promotion.

Be interesting to see what, if any, benefit to training these changes will have (apart from course compression but that's not what it's about, honest guv).

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Its utter lunacy with knobs on. Fortunately the building I work in is cut off from outside comms such as tannoys so we won't hear it. How will we manage?

Spurdog

Corporal
I really enjoyed the constant chirping from the tannoy yesterday as they tested the new school bell……..not!

As one of my colleagues said ‘’Hi de hi campers’’

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
WHAT! They have a bell now to inform yous lot of end of lesson/day?

That place has really gone down hill, and I knew it was rocky when I was lecturing in AFTS (or what ever they call it now) but this takes the biscwits.

What would Turbo Angry Man say to this?

Mr SCJ

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
WHAT! They have a bell now to inform yous lot of end of lesson/day?

That place has really gone down hill, and I knew it was rocky when I was lecturing in AFTS (or what ever they call it now) but this takes the biscwits.

What would Turbo Angry Man say to this?

Mr SCJ

Not yet, it gets trialled next week. For what purpose? Some unfathomable reason.

But, if only the place had just gone downhill, that would suggest some sort of controlled decent into idiocy. No, this is a full on march over a cliff preceding a plummet into an oblivion that will only become evident in years to come. It is accompanied by a full orchestra and the loud playing of slogans such as 'Kodak made themselves irrelevant, we mustn't do the same' and 'we must give the public best value for money'. A full on, self-destructive road to hell paved with good intentions.

As far as I'm concerned, I've stopped caring. If the RAF is so hell bent on eroding the standards of the people its going to have to work with one day, why should I bother? If it can't understand that we're already sending people out of here with a tissue paper thin grasp of what it is to be a tradesman because we've stopped actually training them to be that and simply become an institution for cramming information into peoples heads and then assuming they're up to scratch because they eventually manage to pass a fairly simple exam after two or three goes, why should I bother if they want to cram the same info into a smaller space of time? I don't have to work with them.

It pays the bills, thats it.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I console myself amidst the lunacy with the thought, I have only 27 pay chits to go. The idea is stupid and the school bell insulting, even properly p1ssed it would be hard to think of a worse way forward, the ego manic currently in charge of the asylum is utterly barking. But we will have a training machine that will impart less knowledge in less calendar days so in bean counter land that is unequivocally better. Madness complete madness

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
So, the bell is being manually 'rung' from the Adesoft planning office. Hahahahaha, how long is it going to be before there is nobody around at the time the bell needs 'ringing'? What on earth will we all do without knowing that its 10 o'clock or whatever, probably just as well nobody ditched their watch in the meantime.
And it sounds like a couple of spanners being dropped on the hangar floor, all that's missing is 'Hi Di Hi Cosfordites'.
Insulting, patronising and actually offensive. I haven't yet met one person who thinks this is a good idea.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Looks like it would be a good idea to make phone calls to a certain office at the most inopportune times ...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Now the troops stack at 16.15hrs after period 8 (for now at least) management were most put out to see troops leaving at a mere 16.14hrs a full one minute before the official school bell had sounded. What a shocking state of affairs standing troops down a full 60 sec's before Harry Staish's tinkling bell has quietly rung. There'll be SNCO's driving past the office window before 16.30hrs next. Where will all end up if standards continue to slip at this alarming rate.

What a massive cluster this farce is.

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Sooooo, the bell isn't being 'rung' manually from the planning office at all it seems.

No, apparently it was thought so vital that £3,000 of the British taxpayers money was deemed expendable on software to do the job automatically.

Un-be-funking-lieva-ble

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Unfunny joke, the hierarchy's ability to come out with sh1te like this obviously knows no bounds.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Who's dropped the "The bell isn't a signal for you, it's a signal for me" line yet?

I tried but the students were flipping the f*ck out because my hilarious joke took up a whole minute of their already reduced Tea Break.

fourteen2two

Corporal
what joy

what joy

We finished at 1700 or 1630 on Fridays when I left last June. I thought the 9 period day was supposed to go till 1700.
What the hell,glad I left last June after 18 years as a civ in APO orcwhatever its called now, that was after 24 years in blue.
Enjoyed it but glad I retired.
Currently enjoying 36 degreesxin Australia on a retirement holiday!!!
Bummer eh?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
According to the info on the corridor notice board today the 9 period day is dead, long live the 9 period day.
The new format is seemingly 08.30 start then teach periods 1&2, tea break, teach periods 3&4, lunch12.00/13.00, student recovery or revision period 5, 13.40 teach 6&7, tea break, teach 8&9, 17.00 go home. It is essentially the old 8 period day but rebadged as the new sparkly, nothing like the old day at all, shiny, bright, all singing, all dancing, brand new 9 period day. Somewhere there is a cupboard inside the cupboard is a drawing on the drawing is a picture of a wheel. Apparently the unions expect the new format to be a success and they see no need for further analysis of data.