• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cyprus holiday for the more mature per sd on

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm looking to give Cyprus a go for a holiday. I don't want 24 hr party resorts and I don't want a resort full of old people. Any suggestion of resorts with a bit of night life for the 50 plus generation.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Two places that I recommend for us saga people is Pisouri or Laatchi. Both are quiet enough so that you don't need earplugs to get to sleep at night and there is a reasonable amount of places to eat, drink and be merry. For me Laatchi is best as you can hire speedboats for the day.

glen

SAC
Two places that I recommend for us saga people is Pisouri or Laatchi. Both are quiet enough so that you don't need earplugs to get to sleep at night and there is a reasonable amount of places to eat, drink and be merry. For me Laatchi is best as you can hire speedboats for the day.

Pisouri -A range of tavernas/bars that do entertainment no mad nightclubs
Latchi - Some great Fish restaurants,
Paphos - Tomb of kings road area - far enough away from the strip but has as a range of bars/restaurants with entertainment

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Paphos has areas to suit most and probably the most variety, with the facilities of a small town

Ronsuddes

SAC
Cyprus Holiday

Cyprus Holiday

I'm looking to give Cyprus a go for a holiday. I don't want 24 hr party resorts and I don't want a resort full of old people. Any suggestion of resorts with a bit of night life for the 50 plus generation.

Paphos - I highly recommend King Jason Apartments and Capital Coasts.

Tedlooney

Sergeant
Paphos has areas to suit most and probably the most variety, with the facilities of a small town

Agreed, Paphos is a good place to stay. Mrs Ted and I go to Cyprus at least once a year (we plan on retiring there) and Paphos is our favourite. For the last 8 years or so we have stayed on Poseidonis Avenue side of Paphos, it's quiet and only about a 10 minute walk into town. Lots of good places to eat and drink and a shopping mall to keep Mrs Ted happy etc.

Last edited:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Agreed, Paphos is a good place to stay. Mrs Ted and I go to Cyprus at least once a year and Paphos is our favourite. For the last 8 years or so we have stayed on Poseidonis Avenue side of Paphos, it's quiet and only about a 10 minute walk into town. Lots of good places to eat and drink and a shopping mall to keep Mrs Ted happy etc.

Any places to have a bit of a bop.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'll look at travelrepublic later on for prices for paphos. What's the weather like in April may

TACAN

Corporal
Well, P1ssouri is my home village and is quite quiet. Good choice of Tavernas and Pubs. Greek nights on Wednesday and Friday nights.  VERY cheesy, but after a few pints really good fun.  We have a Papantoniou supermarket now which is brilliant for most things - especially 24 pack offers on Cyp and imported Beers/Lagers. Large single bottles - Keo 1.38 Leon 1.18 Carlsberg 1.60 (euro). Expect to pay 10-20% more in Paphos supermarkets. Prices in P1ssouri pubs (pint) - Keo 2.50 - 3.00 Carlsberg 3.00 - 3.50 (euro). P1ssouri Beach is great for watery type sports and has some good eateries.<br>
<br>
GREAT as a base, as right in between Paphos and Limassol. (20 mins - either way )<br>
<br>
Paphos has a far larger range of activities and eateries, but is much more expensive and is known by expats as "rip-off city." You have been warned !<br><br>Latchi is fantastic for watery type sports and used to be quite pretty, but is a bit isolated to the West and has been over developed.<br><br>Oh and VERY expensive if you want to eat/drink there....<br>
<br>
<br>
Temperature today was a comfortable 21c. Expect mid-high 20's in April. Warm but not over hot. <br>
<br>
I recorded 41c last August in my home - not pleasant at all........<br>
<br>
One last thing. It is Orthodox Easter beginning 10th April (Good Friday) for 5-6 days. Some shops may be closed for part of the celebrations, eateries will be open, but usually bulging with locals. Children up to old Granny all there. <br>
<br>
Never ceases to amaze me just how much food is troughed during this week. Veggies beware ! They love their meat.<br>
<br>
Anyone have any other questions, just give me a shout.............. (Hope you have a great visit)<br>
<br>
<br>
TAC

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I overnighted in Paphos once, nice place with an older clientele. Beware the mozzies in Cyprus, it's a very humid place and they are rife. It warned up a couple of degrees just after new year and they came out in abundance.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Ayia Nap. Sleepy little fishing village with a tiny bit of night life. :pDT_Xtremez_16:

Paphos is well worth a visit. I had a nice holiday there a while ago.

Certainly Pisouri is a great choice - it's where we always stay whenever going back to Cyprus. We prefer the jetty to the village though and gives a great base to go anywhere else.

The outskirts of Ayia Napa are not bad either, somewhere else we used to go when we were posted there as there was no chance of bumping into anyone we knew, as it had that 'reputation'.

Personally I'd avoid the centre of Limassol and Paphos - Protaras gets very, very busy too. Never really been to Larnaca but I've heard good reports. Latchi/Polis are other good choices.

Highflyer

LAC
Protaras - this is another holiday destination on the east coast that is quite popular.

Kyreneia - Most people are afraid to go to the north but there is a lot to do for the old farts and it is a beautiful place.

O Rly!

LAC
Subscriber
Spent many a happy time in Paphos, staying at an apartment owned by an ex-rigger just off the Tomb of the Kings road. Good eating places all around, especially down by the harbour.