• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Curry/Chilly recipe's

uber pikey

Sergeant
I have just been given a huge jar of home grown scotch bonnet chillies.
My question is:
Whats the best/favorite curry/chilly recipe that I can use these little darlings on, but bare in mind I am not trying to kill my self or my family when I cook the little fcukers.
All recipe's are welcome and a heat chart would be nice:pDT_Xtremez_42:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I can do you a cracking set of SSH pickles! They are fecking awesome.

Scotch bonnet are one of the hottest, if you use them then be prepared to lose your ass! I use scotch bonnet in my pickled onions.

Top tip though... Wash your hands before touching anything bodily!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Ingredients:

500 gr Minced/Ground Beef
10 to 15 Fresh Scotch Bonnet/Habenero Chilies
6 Tablespoons of Hot Chili powder
2 Cans of Premium chopped Tomatoes
1 Can Red Kidney Beans
4 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup (adds sugar)
2 Good sized Onions 1 chopped, 1 Finely sliced
6 Cloves of Garlic roughly chopped and crushed
1 teaspoon Cumin powder
1 Pint Water
Oil
Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Soured Cream
Grated Cheddar/Parmesan Cheese

Method:
In a large pan, warm enough oil to cover the base. Add Chili powder and stir for 2 minutes, add onions and finely chopped chilies, stir for 4 minutes until soft and onions begin to colour, add garlic, Cumin and Beef. Continue to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Add the Tomatoes and drained Kidney Beans, gently simmer for 60 minutes adding water to desired thickness. Add a knob of butter and season to taste. Simple but very effective, if you like it HOT!

Sprinkle with large amounts of the Cheese.

Serve with Garlic Bread and Soured cream,

Google search it. TONS of recipes!

uber pikey

Sergeant
Ingredients:

500 gr Minced/Ground Beef
10 to 15 Fresh Scotch Bonnet/Habenero Chilies
6 Tablespoons of Hot Chili powder
2 Cans of Premium chopped Tomatoes
1 Can Red Kidney Beans
4 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup (adds sugar)
2 Good sized Onions 1 chopped, 1 Finely sliced
6 Cloves of Garlic roughly chopped and crushed
1 teaspoon Cumin powder
1 Pint Water
Oil
Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Soured Cream
Grated Cheddar/Parmesan Cheese

Method:
In a large pan, warm enough oil to cover the base. Add Chili powder and stir for 2 minutes, add onions and finely chopped chilies, stir for 4 minutes until soft and onions begin to colour, add garlic, Cumin and Beef. Continue to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Add the Tomatoes and drained Kidney Beans, gently simmer for 60 minutes adding water to desired thickness. Add a knob of butter and season to taste. Simple but very effective, if you like it HOT!

Sprinkle with large amounts of the Cheese.

Serve with Garlic Bread and Soured cream,

Google search it. TONS of recipes!

ARE YOU ON FCUKING DRUGS

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Now and then :pDT_Xtremez_15:

I just thought I'd give your family an interesting meal.....and next morning!

T

Trenchards Ghost

Firestorm .It's a bloody good job your a fireman at least you know how to put your ar5e out the next morning.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Last edited:

uber pikey

Sergeant
I shall stock up on fridge kept bog roll and extra soft baby wipes.
Can you imagine my families face on the sh1ter in the morning, it would probably look something like this:pDT_Xtremez_03: :pDT_Xtremez_29: :pDT_Xtremez_03: :pDT_Xtremez_11: :pDT_Xtremez_16: :pDT_Xtremez_29: :pDT_Xtremez_11:

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Just found this one...Scotch Bonnet VODKA!

Just found this one...Scotch Bonnet VODKA!

Take around 6-8 ripe Scotch Bonnet peppers, and pull off their stalks and bracts, discarding them.

Gently tear the fruits apart, removing (and saving) the seeds. Don't cut them with a knife: this wastes valuable flavour!

Open a fresh bottle of export-strength (100 UK proof, 57% vol) vodka, and pour a small amount into a glass to make space in the bottle (don't drink it, yet).

Push the de-seeded husks through the neck of the bottle and into the remaining vodka.

Once the peppers are safely submerged, refill the bottle from the glass that you put aside earlier, leaving about 2cm of air in the neck of the bottle, and then cap it tightly.

Treat yourself to a quick slurp with whatever is left in the glass, and then place the bottle untouched in a cool dark cupboard.

Thoroughly wash your hands: if you've ever rubbed your eyes after handling Scotch Bonnets, you'll understand why. If you haven't, just take the author's word for it...

Leave the bottle for at least six weeks, by which time the liquor will have taken on a warm golden colour, and the pepper husks will have become pale.

Chill the bottle thoroughly, then open it and enjoy the best alcoholic beverage ever invented (apart, that is, from wine).
:pDT_Xtremez_35:

denthemen

CAMRA Researcher
Mexican Salsa

Mexican Salsa

The Scotch Bonnet chilli is particularly good for salsa. Find any decent recipe on the net using Wiki, allrecipes etc and use SB's for an @sre-ringing result.

If you need to know the heat of any particular chilli go here:
http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp

The Scofield scale gives units of chilli / units of water. The scotch bonnet for instance can be tasted on a scale of 1/325,000 units - Fcuking hot!! The strongest are specially grown derivatives of the habenero which can go up to 2,000,000!! Pepper spray is the same heat, whereas neat capsicum is up to 16,000,000.

Go careful - Itotally agree about the hand washing advice - especially before going to the loo!!

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
If you want something with a little less heat, you could always scoop out the middle of them and fill with a mixture of cream cheese and herbs. A bit of heat then, but not too much.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Real Texas Chilli

Real Texas Chilli

Ingredients

7 lbs beef, trimmed and cut into 1inch to 2 inch cubes (they will break up during cooking) -- your choice of cut -- I like some amount of sirloin in there myself, but stewing beef works more than fine
Approx 7 cups beef broth (4 14-1/2 oz cans)
3/4 cup olive oil
15 cloves garlic -- finely chopped
3/4 cup flour
1 bottle beer
3 oz tequila -- if of legal age, 4-1/2 oz
3 oz blackstrap molasses
1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
2 tablespoons cumin
1/3 cup chili powder (to taste)
1 dash ginger
1 dash nutmeg
1 tspn salt
1 tspn ground black pepper
1 tspn white pepper
1 tspn cayenne pepper
5 oz jarred hot jalapeno peppers and juice or equivalent quantity of sliced fresh hot jalapeno peppers.
For the six-alarm version, also add a similar quantity of sliced jarred habanero peppers, or fresh ones, if you want to be fugu fish careful when handling them. Be very careful when handling the jarred ones as well (being pre-sliced, they're easier to deal with) because you don't want even traces of this stuff undiluted on your skin, much less in your eyes, or directly on anything that might find its way into your mouth, your family's mouths, or basically anybody's mouth but your worst enemy's.
Directions

Place beef in a Dutch oven or similar large pot in the olive oil and cook low heat until browned
Add 3 oz tequila and stir -- if using the legal age variant, drink the other 1-1/2 oz tequila
Stir in garlic
Slowly add a mixture of the flower and chili powder, stirring constantly to blend in evenly
Add beer... stir
Add molasses... stir
Add cumin and oregano by rubbing them between the palms of your hands... stir
Add peppers and remaining spices... stir
Add all but one can (all but approx. 2 cups) beef broth, stirring.
Bring to a slow boil for a 1/2 hour or so, stirring often, then lower heat and simmer for a while, stirring occasionally.
Do not be worried if it sticks a bit to the bottom of the pan, just make sure to scrape those parts up when stirring (a wooden spoon is good for this)... those bits add flavor ;)
At some point a couple of hours into the simmering when it's cooked away a good bit of broth, remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature, then place in fridge for a few hours until cold (if you are in a hurry, this step can be skipped, but I think it helps).
Anytime within the next 12 hours after chilled, resume cooking over low heat.
When nearly at chili-like consistency, add the remaining beef broth.
Cook until at proper chili consistency again, and serve with rice.
By the way, if you find chili, or any other spicy food too hot, try to resist the urge to douse the fire with water, eating bread will cut the heat much more effectively.

Enjoy!

Shamelessly nicked from Blues news

uber pikey

Sergeant
If you want something with a little less heat, you could always scoop out the middle of them and fill with a mixture of cream cheese and herbs. A bit of heat then, but not too much.

Are you serious or what. PM me your address and I will happily send you some of these chillies and if you think you can stuff them with cheese and enjoy guess again........Unless your mouth is made from teflon or asbestos.
:pDT_Xtremez_17:

firestorm

Warrant Officer
If you use the Vodka one I bet it'd get drunk.
Imagine the scene, back from the pub with a few mates...."Fellas! Who fancies some chilli vodka!?"

Go on, make it!

MattBombHead

Sergeant
A couple of years ago at a family bar-b-q, some fool brought out the 'Daves Insanity Sauce', and being fond of the hot stuff, i applied it (fairly lightly) to my food, enjoyed it, washed my hand thoroughly, and thought no more about it.

No more that is, until later that night, i was taking my contact lenses out...!!!!

By feck it stung!! :pDT_Xtremez_17:

S

scaleywife

When you are making any kind of chilli try adding some pickled peppers (can get them cheap from Aldi/lidl and the like) to the sauce after frying the meat. Adds a lovely depth of flavour.

To concur with the first recipe a small amount of sugar or a sugary substance like Tommy K or Scaleybrat's Mollases should be added to any tomato based sauce to bring out the flavour.

I would put my recipe on here but I can't be ar*&d... just ask any of the admin bods next time you are at Valley... there are hundreds of copies there apparently!!

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I have Chilli Vodka at home! I am at a clan gathering in May... Think it will turn up!

It is starting to turn red from the chillis... looks awesome

Added to add..... The seeds are in mine

Last edited: