• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl - Sgt Board.

• Thread starter Flt Lt Badminton-Squash
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJW

Corporal
Good points Stax and as a Sqn WO the Apollo situation is pi$$ing me of big time but that is another subject!!

Another reason for drop in the cpl-sgt quota is that neither Manning nor anyone else knows what is happening to the 7 sgt posts at Akrotiri; latest indications are that this will still not be known before October at the earliest.

The quota for the FS-WO Board has been set as 1 just in case someone PVRs, at the moment there are no planned vacancies.

Gillo

Banned
Good points Stax and as a Sqn WO the Apollo situation is pi$$ing me of big time but that is another subject!!

Another reason for drop in the cpl-sgt quota is that neither Manning nor anyone else knows what is happening to the 7 sgt posts at Akrotiri; latest indications are that this will still not be known before October at the earliest.

The quota for the FS-WO Board has been set as 1 just in case someone PVRs, at the moment there are no planned vacancies.

370 days to the next one though! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Gillo

Banned
You could always go now mate, guaranteed to make at least four people happy

No I think after 39 years I,m getting used to it. So I,ve made my mind up and I,m going to make a career out of it and see where it takes me.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Gents.

Some of the reasons for the cut from 45 to 20 is as follows:

Credit crunch - SNCO's changing their minds and signing to LOS 30, SNCO's taking out PVR due to lack of jobs in civvy strasse and the people who applied for, and were granted, continuance.

Draw down of Aldergrove doesn't help, but was actually planned into the nect round of promotions.

As to having apop at Sqn WO's try reading your E-Mails/Diins etc, project Apollo means you ahve to see your Chf Clk, your Sqn hierachy no longer have the right to ask about you! Rightly or wrongly (and I don't actually agree) thats the system.

By the By, currently they will only be looking for 1 WO this year!

Ahh happy days that you came off the last one then Stax.

As fro the promotion board... well thats just 'life in a blue suit'...... :pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_42:

J

Janto

Ahh happy days that you came off the last one then Stax.

As fro the promotion board... well thats just 'life in a blue suit'...... :pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_42:

Comments like that make me shudder!!

:pDT_Xtremez_09:

G

Greenvigo

you've got tokiddingThe manning website confirms it. They have now dropped the quota to 20. What a load of *@&%

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Just a little info to resurrect this thread, I heard last week that they've released a ew more and hit 22 so our initial info of 20-25 was spot on, still a few months left and those who are in he 20's good luck before the next board,

was having a chat the other day about his subject and it still amazes me the way the PSB announces (or not as the case may be) the names and list although within a week of it bein ratified there is a certain Unofficial Rumour Nework Site about the RAF that can produce the info by PM to those intertested. I for one am lookin forward to the visit of EF and putting his ery question to her, not to mention the same one I've been asking YH for the last few years...

Why can't the sick, lame & lazy go down the f***ing Falklands where there is 24hour medical cover unlike back at any UK base and full access to a fully functional Hospital within 45minutes, no pollen for the asthma sufferers to contend with and let the rest of us get on with doing Op tours, when I last put it to YH she said would he Fit people be happy doing back to back Op tours whilst those others where Down South, I for one said yes and when I stated that in a room of 20+ Cpls we should have a show of hands the subject was brought to a close by the Sqn WO, she did look a tad uncomfortable when I posed the question and so did the few Cpl's in the room who haven't been away in several years...

Some people may agree with me on this point and some may not but with possibly one more OOA before I retire I really couldn't give a ****!

snowball1

Sergeant
If you have been to MPC recently you will know they problems they have with fatties allready, even one causes problems. Kick them out if they fail two fitness tests.

The ones who get my goat are those who get promoted but were too scared to go to Basra/Afghan, but as they do a charity etc, that seems to over-ride their cowardice.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Snowball I came back from my last trip down south in Dec 08 and we had a few lazy b@st@rd SAC's who managed to get downgraded down there so other people had to fill War role posts and it gripped everyones sh!t, in fact there was one individual who will remain nameless managed to get off everything for 4 months due to a bad back then one week before returning to the UK got signed fit n healthy as he was playing Ice Hockey for the RAF upon his return, how he didn't get his face smacked in by the other SAC's he shafted on a weekly basis amazed me...

they probably would have knocked his teeth out but he doesn't have any, although I say again I won't name and shame this individual...

G

glenn11

Snowball I came back from my last trip down south in Dec 08 and we had a few lazy b@st@rd SAC's who managed to get downgraded down there so other people had to fill War role posts and it gripped everyones sh!t, in fact there was one individual who will remain nameless managed to get off everything for 4 months due to a bad back then one week before returning to the UK got signed fit n healthy as he was playing Ice Hockey for the RAF upon his return, how he didn't get his face smacked in by the other SAC's he shafted on a weekly basis amazed me...

they probably would have knocked his teeth out but he doesn't have any, although I say again I won't name and shame this individual...

Tell me about it Loan ranger as we both know how many people that got wound up with the unnamed sickies from our tour

duffman

Flight Sergeant

This sac, would he be based at an eastern RAF camp by chance?

Last edited:
The sick

The sick

Speaking as of the injured who has'nt been away for 8 years I'm quite dismayed at the attitude shown here against us, each person has his/her seperate troubles and you shouldnt lump everyone in the same boat. My promotion is long overdue, so hopefully I should see something pop through my letterbox soon. Before anyone says the Falklands has good medical services and I should go there; I'm excused long journeys.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Speaking as of the injured who has'nt been away for 8 years I'm quite dismayed at the attitude shown here against us, each person has his/her seperate troubles and you shouldnt lump everyone in the same boat. My promotion is long overdue, so hopefully I should see something pop through my letterbox soon. Before anyone says the Falklands has good medical services and I should go there; I'm excused long journeys.

I could quite easily take offence at your response but I won't, or should that be I won't rise to the bait. Do you not realise that with my next DWR (8th) I shouldn't be allowed an opinion on the 'Sick, Lame&Lazy' that don't do OOA. Okay so you're excused long journeys, do you care to elaborate on that fact? Yes the Falklands is a long journey but a couple of 7-8 hour flights on a relatively comfortable aircraft where you can get up and walk around, stretch your legs, even get a kip on a bank of three seats isn't exactly the worst flight offered these days especially when you have people spending 8-10 hours in the back of a Hercules. I'm not asking you to list your medical problems becasue they are private but I do ask have you ever been on a long haul holiday flight where you don't have the freedom of an RAF or Chartered flight?? Please feel free not to answer that one either, the general topic in this post is my opinion and thats all if you don't agree with it then thats your right but until the day I hand over my F1250 and yes mine still says F1250 then this is my opinion, the Sick, Lame&Lazy should be weeded out...

and Duffman, yes I believe he may well be at an Eastern unit, some may call it a carrot crunching Norfolk sh!t-hole but other may call say it's near the market town of Downham Market...

RAF Bird

Stacker *********

On an A/C? Simple! We should ships you down there. With the prospect of a few weeks at sea either side of your 4 months would you happily jump on board the timmy for an 18 hour flight?? Not a personal dig but I'm with the loan ranger here. It is sad that there are people out there who are genuinly sick however in our ever decreasing airforce there is not room for people who can not fullfill all of their duties. As for knocking on the door for promotion how can you be equally assessed for as someone who can do the x factor?

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal

Should see you get your draft notice soon then. Jumping over the people that have had to endure an OOA while you have had to opportunity to sit on your unit and shine in front of your bosses. Glad you do not work for me.

Yes I know I have risen to the bait.

C

Combet Sheep

If you cant deploy, you shouldn't be emloyed.

It's as simple as that.

C

Carpet Prong

Chaps, I have read through this thread in total and feel I must impart something of grave importance;

Spelling and gramatical errors are rife! Lets concentrate shall we.

Storeman Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.