• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl - Sgt Board.

• Thread starter Flt Lt Badminton-Squash
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal
No, the numbers they require are 102, with the first 50 being released immediately. As always all speculation and rumour. I also have heard that
Cpl - Sgt promotion boards are no good for Flt Lts who sit on them, great career move. Maybe if any of the great people at Manning look at this they may have an input to quell peoples curiosity?:pDT_Xtremez_19::pDT_Xtremez_42:

Gillo

Banned
No, the numbers they require are 102, with the first 50 being released immediately. As always all speculation and rumour. I also have heard that
Cpl - Sgt promotion boards are no good for Flt Lts who sit on them, great career move. Maybe if any of the great people at Manning look at this they may have an input to quell peoples curiosity?:pDT_Xtremez_19::pDT_Xtremez_42:

Shame we hear news first via e goat and not our Trade sponsor or Sqn WOs.

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

Just had a call from the man cell, he spoke to the desk yesterday and the board has been cut and it is not thought that they will pass number 25, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it would seem they are the facts! It’s not good news for us all, I heard (this is just a rumour), that it is to accommodate the return of Aldergrove staff? Anyone got anything on that snippet?

Anyway, just a thought…

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal
4 Sgt posts at Aldergrove, initial quota 43, now not going past possilbly 25. WTF. Glad they are not on my stocktaking team. But I bet they can add up their popstar wages.fishing for a bite ******

As I understand it, the possible(?) reduction in numbers is due to budget constraints. Due to Sgt's and FS moving to the higher payband in September, it made more fiscal sense to reduce the allocation of Sgt posts, thereby making a small saving from the MOD budget.

Of course I could be talking b0llocks!

I just hope that everyone gets it....and the payband rise. But that'll be a new thread!

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

As I understand it, the possible(?) reduction in numbers is due to budget constraints. Due to Sgt's and FS moving to the higher payband in September, it made more fiscal sense to reduce the allocation of Sgt posts, thereby making a small saving from the MOD budget.

Of course I could be talking b0llocks!

I just hope that everyone gets it....and the payband rise. But that'll be a new thread!

I hope your right, we could do with some good news, lol!

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

A quick heads up on yesterdays comments that I made. I said the board had been cut to 20 to 25, what I meant to, and should have said was that the quotas can move up and down and therefore the numbers on the board and actual promotions can vary. So we can expect the numbers to fluctuate but should be on and around that area, apologies for the misunderstanding and any inconvenience caused!

FLBS

G

glenn11

Flt Lt BS, Could you please pm me the list aswell

Many Thanks

Why when every board sits do they say that they are after X amount of promotions, then soon after they always change the goal posts. Surely PMA have some sight on what numbers they will actually deal with and not build peoples hopes up.

Welove31

SAC
Why when every board sits do they say that they are after X amount of promotions, then soon after they always change the goal posts. Surely PMA have some sight on what numbers they will actually deal with and not build peoples hopes up.

I agree with you...Today we get an e-mail from PMA saying that they are only looking for 20. I can't belive they didn't know this information before the board sat so 23 JNCO's who thought they had a good chance of getting promoted are now told they it doesn't look very good. Its fcuking ****e management which doesn't and never will affect me!!

Robby

Corporal
"Why when every board sits do they sy that they are after X amount of promotions, then soon after they always change the goal posts. Surely PMA have some sight on what numbers they will actually deal with and not build peoples hopes up."

I've got to agree that the so called management is 'poor' Aldergrove's drawdown is hardly news and 4 posts does not make a big difference in the wider Supply world. The drawdown in the IPT's has an impact, granted, but it is hardly a new thing. This just follows on from the last Sgt-FS board when the goalposts started moving as soon as the board was ratified.

I find the frustrating factor is that this is all rumour led, when did we last have an 'official' briefing from this or previous trade sponsors? 'They' visit one or two Units and then the chinese whispers start, many of us now work on Units with no WO Supply or any traditional line of information. The officers on the other hand have two "face to face briefings" annually and a glossy 'branch magazine and that's for approx 650 people!

We can take the truth - just give it to us straight or will we be looking to e-goat to find out the results of the trade review?:pDT_Xtremez_44:

J

Janto

"Why when every board sits do they sy that they are after X amount of promotions, then soon after they always change the goal posts. Surely PMA have some sight on what numbers they will actually deal with and not build peoples hopes up."

I've got to agree that the so called management is 'poor' Aldergrove's drawdown is hardly news and 4 posts does not make a big difference in the wider Supply world. The drawdown in the IPT's has an impact, granted, but it is hardly a new thing. This just follows on from the last Sgt-FS board when the goalposts started moving as soon as the board was ratified.

I find the frustrating factor is that this is all rumour led, when did we last have an 'official' briefing from this or previous trade sponsors? 'They' visit one or two Units and then the chinese whispers start, many of us now work on Units with no WO Supply or any traditional line of information. The officers on the other hand have two "face to face briefings" annually and a glossy 'branch magazine and that's for approx 650 people!

We can take the truth - just give it to us straight or will we be looking to e-goat to find out the results of the trade review?:pDT_Xtremez_44:

Robby, I saw STUFF today.

PM fella.

I really feel for the guys that had their hopes raised.

Once again the mystic world that is manning strikes again!

10 months left till 22 then to the real world I go.

J

Janto

I really feel for the guys that had their hopes raised.

Once again the mystic world that is manning strikes again!

10 months left till 22 then to the real world I go.

I have a feeling there will be quite a queue heading for the exit after this one is common knowledge.

P

pinkster

Cpl - Sgt board

Cpl - Sgt board

Flt Lt BS, could you please send me a copy of the list aswell.

Many thanks

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Gents.

Some of the reasons for the cut from 45 to 20 is as follows:

Credit crunch - SNCO's changing their minds and signing to LOS 30, SNCO's taking out PVR due to lack of jobs in civvy strasse and the people who applied for, and were granted, continuance.

Draw down of Aldergrove doesn't help, but was actually planned into the nect round of promotions.

As to having apop at Sqn WO's try reading your E-Mails/Diins etc, project Apollo means you ahve to see your Chf Clk, your Sqn hierachy no longer have the right to ask about you! Rightly or wrongly (and I don't actually agree) thats the system.

By the By, currently they will only be looking for 1 WO this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.