• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarkson suspended

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hopefully just another bump in the road. And even better would be Clarkson driving over a bump in the road called Russel Brand.

That would be a Top Gear worth watching!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Hopefully just an attempt at raising some noteriety to boost viewing figures.....

andy135

LAC
He sold his 30% of the shares in the show to aunty beeb two weeks ago. He's no longer the fat controller.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
About time this flogged dead donkey was put down forever anyway. Watching it limp on ruins the memories of some of its classic episodes.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
About time this flogged dead donkey was put down forever anyway. Watching it limp on ruins the memories of some of its classic episodes.

Tend to agree DS. They've taken the format and literally squeezed every last permutation of '3 biffs dicking around' out of it. Clarkson was genuinely amusing, May was informative but Hammond has not one ounce of talent in his annoying, pipsqueeky body.

Roobarb

SAC
Some people are going to be very p1$$ed off having waited for a long time for tickets to the recordings (think the next 2 are cancelled).

But in any organisation, no matter how much money you bring in, if you throw a punch (as has been alleged) then you are out on your ear. No doubt Sky are waiting with their chequebook for the moment he walks/is pushed*. Will be interesting to see if May & Hammond are loyal and follow.

But perhaps it is time for a refresh - me and the missus wet ourselves at the ambulance film, but it is hit and miss now.

* I suspect he will walk...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I still enjoy watching it but think it can be a bit old hat in places so probably time for it to finish or have a complete revamp anyway.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
BBC reporting this morning that the rest of the series is unlikely to be screened now.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Some people are going to be very p1$$ed off having waited for a long time for tickets to the recordings (think the next 2 are cancelled).

But in any organisation, no matter how much money you bring in, if you throw a punch (as has been alleged) then you are out on your ear. No doubt Sky are waiting with their chequebook for the moment he walks/is pushed*. Will be interesting to see if May & Hammond are loyal and follow.

But perhaps it is time for a refresh - me and the missus wet ourselves at the ambulance film, but it is hit and miss now.

* I suspect he will walk...

The question is, will Sky (or whoever, if anyone at all, picks up the TG mantle) be able to justify any of Clarkson's controversies to their sponsors and shareholders? It's been bad enough for the Beeb, but Sky have a hell of a lot to lose if it goes wrong. I know they haven't been short of controversy themselves over the years but Clarkson's really is a divisive character and sh1tstorms do tend to follow in his wake. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The question is, will Sky (or whoever, if anyone at all, picks up the TG mantle) be able to justify any of Clarkson's controversies to their sponsors and shareholders? It's been bad enough for the Beeb, but Sky have a hell of a lot to lose if it goes wrong.

Sky will sell anything that can bring in money, regardless of what it is and to the Murdochs, Clarkson equals cash. As for the BBC, they only seem capable of selling lefty liberal apologist cr@p to the great unwashed out there. I hope Clarkson and Sky do well out of this.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The BBC is a semi public organisation so has a responsibility to behave. The other channels make money by selling advertising space based on viewer numbers, Clarkson would bring in the viewers so would be snapped up by Channel 5 or Sky in a heartbeat, and he'd have a lot more freedom to be himself.

Blue72

SAC
Reports on the BBC this morning seem to suggest that the "fracas" was Clarkson "allegedly" punching a Producer. Bit of a "no sh*t sherlock" moment there really considering the initial reports yesterday made clear that only Clarkson had been suspended.

If the comment above about Clarkson having sold his share in the show to the beeb is true, the timing of this is rather interesting though...did he fall or was he pushed?

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The BBC is a semi public organisation so has a responsibility to behave. The other channels make money by selling advertising space based on viewer numbers, Clarkson would bring in the viewers so would be snapped up by Channel 5 or Sky in a heartbeat, and he'd have a lot more freedom to be himself.

That way lies middle of the road pink and girly non-offensive PC crap.
Seeing as we`ve got enough all inclusive, quota based evangelicist tosh on the telly, can i not just have an hour a week of TG, or 30 mins of B42 ? Is that too much to ask ?

andy135

LAC
Controversy just makes the program more compelling to watch. It makes millions for the beeb.
I think he'll get another final final warning, and then on the next program he'll make a sarcastic comment about it.

:pDT_Xtremez_19: