• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Civvy police fitness test

4everAD

Sergeant
Think I might consider becoming a career criminal when I leave the mob, as a light blue "passer" I fancy my chances of out running the boys in blue!

230Tiger

Sergeant
So, out of the 30,000 that were tested only 851 "failed to meet the mark", that means that 29,149 passed the test. Always nice to put a negative spin on it! Besides, it's not mandatory yet so they have a year to get fit enough to pass.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Also firearms teams and riot police have to achieve a higher level (still comical levels though!)

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Despite the levels being set so low that women should be able to pass it, there are already mutterings that it's sexist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Despite the levels being set so low that women should be able to pass it, there are already mutterings that it's sexist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When I were a lad the public didn't have confidence in thin police officers, only in fat ones, preferably fat and jolly...

G

Gord

Over here, in an emergency, it is often a better idea not to call 911, (North America's version of 999) but to call the local doughnut shop as sure as sh!t that's where most of the coppers are hanging out.

230Tiger

Sergeant
Slightly Off Topic

How to tell the difference between an English Police Officer, a Canadian
Police Officer, an American Police Officer and a Scottish Police Officer

QUESTION:

You're on duty by yourself (don't ask why, you just are, and your Sergeant
hates you) walking on a deserted street late at night. Suddenly, an armed
man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams
obscenities, raises the knife and lunges at you. You are carrying your
truncheon and are an expert in using it. However, you have only a split
second to react before he reaches you. What do you do ?

ANSWER:

English Police Officer:

The Officer must consider the man's human rights.

1) Does the man look poor or oppressed ?

2) Is he newly arrived in this country and does not yet understand the law ?

3) Is this really a knife or a ceremonial dagger ?

4) Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack ?

5) Am I dressed provocatively ?

6) Could I run away ?

7) Could I possibly swing my truncheon and knock the knife out of his hand ?

8) Should I try and negotiate with him to discuss his wrong-doings ?

9) Why am I carrying a truncheon anyway and what kind of message does this
send to society ?

10) Does he definitely want to kill me or would he be content just to wound
me ?

11) If I were to grab his knees and hold on, would he still want to stab and
kill me ?

12) If I raise my truncheon and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed if
he falls over, knocks his head and kills himself ?

13) If I hurt him and lose the subsequent court case, does he have the
opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and the loss of my
family home ?

Canadian Police Officer:

BANG !

American Police Officer:

BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG !
BANG !

'Click'...Reload...

BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG !
BANG !

Scottish Police Officer:

"Haw, Jimmie.. Drop the knife, noo, unless you want it stuck up yer arse!"

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think the 15m MSFT uses different beep timings to the 20m, still, level 5.x doesn't sound very difficult.

I do wonder why i see so many coppers who are overweight! They look like they have spent all day in kfc Whilst the plastic coppers on the beat are in much better shape, I do say most are in better shape than the real police.

I think if the Police Forces are wanted to be considered as one of the Uniformed Forces, then there should be a standard fitness test across the board.

Is is any wonder when the civilian uniformed forces go on strike that the Armed Forces have to take over and do a better job at it.

Mandatory fitness training should be required across all the uniformed services. including but not limited to:

Royal Air Force
British Army
Royal Navy
Fire & Rescue Service (both military and Civilian)
Police Forces
Ambulance Service
and any others not included above

firestorm

Warrant Officer
I think if the Police Forces are wanted to be considered as one of the Uniformed Forces, then there should be a standard fitness test across the board.

Is is any wonder when the civilian uniformed forces go on strike that the Armed Forces have to take over and do a better job at it.

Mandatory fitness training should be required across all the uniformed services. including but not limited to:

Royal Air Force
British Army
Royal Navy
Police Forces
Ambulance Service

Sigh

You're not well informed, are you?

LilStill

Sergeant

Royal Air Force
British Army
Royal Navy
Police Forces
Ambulance Service

You are aware that the RN, Army and RAF operate different fitness testing regimes, right? Also - as I work an awful lot with A&E ambulance crews - why should they undergo a similar test to ours? If they can fit in the truck, carry a Stryker chair, and perform CPR - they are fit for their role! I wouldn't subject anyone to the fecked knees that the MSFT brings if they didn't actually require it. Feel free to justify your opinion.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If they can fit in the truck, carry a Stryker chair, and perform CPR - they are fit for their role! I wouldn't subject anyone to the fecked knees that the MSFT brings if they didn't actually require it. Feel free to justify your opinion.

If only our lords and masters had such a common sense view

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
You are aware that the RN, Army and RAF operate different fitness testing regimes, right? Also - as I work an awful lot with A&E ambulance crews - why should they undergo a similar test to ours? If they can fit in the truck, carry a Stryker chair, and perform CPR - they are fit for their role! I wouldn't subject anyone to the fecked knees that the MSFT brings if they didn't actually require it. Feel free to justify your opinion.

When I was an ickle student nurse we learned all sorts of clever ways of protecting our muscles when lifting. Unfortunately, they totally bleedin' wrecked our joints instead - and in those days I was very fit indeed. I now live with the consequences. How many members of the civilian services would we now have if they had to take this risk?

When I was an ickle student nurse we learned all sorts of clever ways of protecting our muscles when lifting. Unfortunately, they totally bleedin' wrecked our joints instead - and in those days I was very fit indeed. I now live with the consequences. How many members of the civilian services would we now have if they had to take this risk?

Good point, well answered!