• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Christmas Whisky.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Seeing as it's going to be a long, lockdown Christmas, those who maketh the RAF brethren will need to knuckle down and make some serious choices.

Which whisky is going to get us through this?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I've been tucking into a nice Ardberg recently as I'm a big fan of anything peaty or from Islay. Providing my brother comes through for me I may be enjoying a nice Smokehead over Xmas as well.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The last time I saw it was in RAF Bruggen O's Mess shop and it was effing ridiculously cheap and way too gluggable...I bought 3 bottles then at £8 each (circa '99) of the Macallan 12 years old Malt. I see its around £55-£70 a bottle today but its a stupendous tipple.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Personally, over the past few months, I’ve become particularly attracted to that ‘any’ whisky.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Personally, over the past few months, I’ve become particularly attracted to that ‘any’ whisky.
Rigga, unbeknownst to yourself, you've just made E-Goat history by posting the 600,000th post on the site.

Congratulations on helping the site reach that milestone. 😁😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-002412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-002412_Chrome.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Rigga, unbeknownst to yourself, you've just made E-Goat history by posting the 600,000th post on the site.

Congratulations on helping the site reach that milestone. 😁😁
WOW! Thank you! It’s been a pleasure contributing (or not) to this forum and, hopefully, adding to other people’s pleasure in using it. Let’s see if we can make it more attractive and get a million post sooner!

(And I’ll have a drink in celebration tonight too)

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
At this time of year it’s important to remember that Whiskey is not just for Christmas,

Personally I like a aged Talisker, try not to have it in the house too often, the bottles must leak.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You guys drink as much Whiskey as you can over the festive period (and the rest of the year). The more you consume the less chance I have of coming in contact with the stuff, next time you're glugging 3 fingers of it look on it as helping the community and me in particular.

My rum bottles suffer from a similar issue that affects Busby's Whiskey bottle though in my case it could be evaporation.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Gracing this year's cabinet is a Japanese Suntory the "Chita single grain" whisky, a Swedish "Mack" whisky and a Jura "The Road" whisky.

That's if I can find them amongst the seemingly endless bottles in the long haired dictator's gin collection...the drunken tart. 😆

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Waitrose have some good deals on whiskey at the moment, just got a middling Jura with £13 off.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I've recently found that Glenfiddich 15 exceeds both its older and younger brothers for quality

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Large 2L bottle of Jack Daniels and 18 seconds impressive stuff although he's a septic he must be tapping into his inner liney. Not much sipping going on there and I guess he was quite ill shortly after.