• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ched Evans - The Continuing Story

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
There is no legal reason why he can’t resume his career as a footballer.

It is up to the employer, if the employer sees the move as bad for business they won't employ.

Both Sheffield United and Oldham Athletic have listened to the opinions of sponsors and football supporters and have decided employing Evans is not a good business move.

Last edited:

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I was woken up by a bird performing a sexual act on me while I was p!ssed up once, turns out I rather enjoyed it and carried on but at the end of the day it was sexual assault. Would a jury see it this way if I went to the police about it? The whole consensual sex while drunk or under the influence thing is a moral and legal mine field. If men or women don't want that kind of thing happening to them then they shouldn't get themselves into that sort of state in the 1st place.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Firstly I am no fan of his or top footballers in general, however case does stink a bit. The first guy who had sex with her was let off, Ched turns up presumably uninvited by the girl (after receiving a call from his mate), but does nothing to complain. Sorry forgot she is incapble of consent according to the judge because she is off her head. So why didnt the first guy get done? or are we assuming she gave consent by going into his room? He then stands there watching with apparently several other people watching through the window. Then has sex with her, bad judgement whatever. Everyone is let off except him. I can kinda understand why he may feel hard done by.

Clearly I, like the rest of us i am not in possesion of all the facts but it does seem to raise a lot of questions and he is not allowed to appeal? Surely if there is such hard and fast evidence there should be no problem, should there. Oh forgot but there is an investigation taking a second look at this case why?

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I'm a bit torn on this case too.

Yes he has been found guilty of rape. However having read the link in previous thread and the link below which I think is a brief transcript of the appeal. I think the guy is a sleaze bag of the highest order but rapist...... Im not so sure.

There comes a point when women have to take responsibility for their actions and indeed their own safety. That is not to say that I think women "deserve" to be raped or that they are "asking for it" because they have consumed too much alcohol. But do they make themselves a target when they get in that state? I think so.

Another thing that concerns me is where the hell were her friends? If she was falling about in the kebab shop then it would have been clear to anyone she was out with that she had drank to much. We used to look after each other when we went out and at the very least we would make sure that everyone had got a taxi home safely.

I have read this case has already been reviewed and the verdict was upheld. Which is why he is pushing for a miss trial on a technicality. The case has been accelerated because it is a high profile case.
Don’t forget it must be proved beyond reasonable doubt the accused is guilty.... The original case must have done this to a jury of his peers!!!
Without being in the room no-one knows, however
his friend tried to film it but for whatever reason it didnt work, or the case would have been easier!!

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Just to pose a question....

Why does the law allow for a woman's intoxicity in rape cases? Why is it acceptable for her to be unable to consent but a man is expected to be in control of all his faculties and show good judgement despite alcohol consumption.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
For me it is all down to interpretation of consent and how a it was deemed to have been given for one man but not the other. Then you get to the what if scenarios and that basically comes down to which barrister puts the best spin on the events to the jury.