• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cancer Research

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Well it's time for me to appeal to my fellow goaters big hearts and ask you all to dig deep for them last leftover pound or two from the festive season and sponsor me again. linky_thing
This time I have stupidly got myself roped into jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft. I'm sure most of you will understand how much I have been crapping myself and will continue to do so for the next 27 days till I have to do it. I'm going to be doing it in aid of cancer research which I think is a charity that appeals to everyone. I'm sure most of us have lost loved ones to the big C however these days more and more people are surviving this awful illness.

Please dont be embarrassed to give me a pound. If everyone who posts on this site give me a pound I'd be very proud of a large pot of money to hand over after the event.

Thanks in advance to any of you who help me out.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Done but still think you are mad......If it works no need to jump out FFS !!! :)

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Thanks very much for your support guys.... We're thinking of doing it in some sort of fancy dress. I want to do it in number 1's but think the other girls want superhero's or something equally as silly. Will see who wins! ;)

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Thanks very much for your support guys.... We're thinking of doing it in some sort of fancy dress. I want to do it in number 1's but think the other girls want superhero's or something equally as silly. Will see who wins! ;)

Do it naked.

I'll follow behind and see which one of you gives the best whistle.:pDT_Xtremez_35:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Just a little bump in case any of you guys fancied sponsoring me.

Thanks to the guys who already have. :)

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Come on, Lads & Lasses all.

Worthy Cause and all that ?

Don't forget that just a fiver gets her another bit from the tax man (=£6.41).

[PS. Forgive me if this goes a bit far, chaps. I have a 'personal' interest, so to speak.]

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Just a little bump in case any of you guys fancied sponsoring me.

Thanks to the guys who already have. :)

Bung you a couple quid next week,won't be much tho as I'm still out of work.:pDT_Xtremez_35:
That's if the DSS have sorted out my claim! I'f not I'll bung you one when I can.
Good luck. (and yes,I think you're barking!)

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Come on, Lads & Lasses all.

Worthy Cause and all that ?

Don't forget that just a fiver gets her another bit from the tax man (=£6.41).

[PS. Forgive me if this goes a bit far, chaps. I have a 'personal' interest, so to speak.]

Not too much for me...I think the big C has hit most of us in one way or another over the years.........Good cause....dig deep pepes

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Boys and girls this time next week it will all be over... I'M BL00DY SH1TTING IT!!!!!

The lovely techie scum bags I work with took much pleasure in pointing out to me that the place I am jumping from is the same place wgere that poor young lad jumped who had his parachute strings cut!! Oh dear!

Anyway still cant thank you all enough for your sponsorship. I've got quite alot of sponsors here as well but will let you all know my final total next week.

Thanks again.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Well boys and girls... I did it!... and despite my thinking I was going to die (big paranoia about jumping out just as a big gust of wind comes along, blows me up into the A/C wings, knocks me out causing me to plummet to earth and die!) it was absolutely A-mazing!!

The guy who was lucky enough to be strapped to me was an awesome dude called Olly who never gave me the chance to be worried about it from the second I met him. After we got the initial brief out of the way we got into our jumpsuits and harnesses. As soon as I put that on it felt good it was so tight that I was sure there was no way I could somehow wriggle my way out of it and leave Olly and our chute behind! After watching a few of the others land and all coming back to the waiting area completely high as a kite and buzzing on adrenalin I was happy(ish) that I was going to love it just as much.... only the actual thought of leaving the A/C still made me want to throw up right there and then.

Anyway it was soon time for us to go, all 7 of us squeezed into the A/C and headed off up to 15,000 ft. Apparently most airfields only jump at 12,000 ft as we are only legally allowed to be over 12,000 ft for 6 minutes unpressurised and their engines are simply not good enough to get them up there quickly enough. For the whole flight up there (approx 13 mins) Olly was totally amazing at making me feel as relaxed as I possibly could. He made me watch him clip us together and try to pull them apart, he had the leg straps pulled so tight I think the blood was struggling to circulate.... but I liked it. I felt safe.

Before I knew it we were there and the green light was given. The camera man was clinging to the side of the A/C and jumped at the same time as the first tandem. I watched him jump desperate to see how quickly he descended away from the A/C to put my mind at ease that I wasn't going to bang my head. Before I even had the chance to register in my head to start 'sh1tting myself' Olly had somehow moved us into the door and into position. I heard him yell 'arms up and elbows in tight' automatically I did as I was told and before I had the chance to think we were out.

I can not explain how amazing it was. I didn't scream, feel sick, anything. I was too busy thinking oh my god this rocks. I could barely open my mouth to breathe from the pressure from falling. For about 58 seconds we fell.... he had us spinning around, diving about all sorts and that 58 seconds actually felt like about 5 minutes. Then when he deployed the parachute within a second we were gently drifting down to earth and I was able to breathe and talk again. 'Oh my god, that was fooking amazing' were the first words to leave my mouth. Olly was fab, let me have a go at flying it, saying that he had to help me get my arms down to get us spinning as it takes some guns to do that. Then we gently landed perfectly next to the landing spot.

I spent the next few hours just as high as others before me had been ,enjoying the adrenalin rush and hugging Olly, thanking him for making the experience totally amazing.

All that is left is for me to thank you all again for your very kind donations and words of suuport. My online just giving page teamed with my sponsor forms have raised just shy of £450.

Thought you's would like to see the proof.

Attachments

• 100_4701.jpg
    100_4701.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0