• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Everybody Read This Please!!!

Can Everybody Read This Please!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe90

Oh FFS !! No, I meant pole as in big stick to beat pedants with - sheesh !! Its been a long day alright...

Still, I think the Poll (!) is proving a point

Fcuk me! strop on !
Relax, I was only pullin yer leg. :mad:

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
Nice offer but no thanks.
Three in to one. They're even trying to LEAN website forums now!

A

Almost_done

Blue Forces

Blue Forces

My title says it all we are Blue, not serge, Brown nor Dark Blue we stay as we are, too much change so far let us grow our own site and be ourselves.

MeerKat

SAC
Light Blue; and Light Blue Forever!

Light Blue; and Light Blue Forever!

Joe90 said:
Nice idea in principle, and it's nothing to do with liking / disliking the army. I think the RAF has lost alot of it's identity due to JFH so I think we should keep goat as it is.

Also, I'm aware it's "only" a forum but we've got to keep some things RAF.

A kind, "thanks, but no thanks" would be my reply.

I thought Joe's comment summed things up nicely IMHO - thanks for the offer ArRSe but we wish to kindly decline your offer.

Keep up the good work Wobbly!

Aerial

LAC
NO - Thank you!

NO - Thank you!

Right, I've done what Wobbly asked me to do and read this. Now I'll comment - just like everyone else so far - thanks for the offer but no thanks. That said, should Wobbly be unable or unwilling in the future......... A united front [(website)I]mayhave a positive role to play.

R

ROTORHEAD

ARRSE Idea

ARRSE Idea

Until the sad day when we become the 'Air Element' of the "British Defense Force!" I would prefer to see as many institutions, including E-Goat, remaining firmly in Air Force blue hands. Keep up the good work Wobbly!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Who? Me?

SAC
As a reader of ARRSE and a member of E-Goat I agree with the majority of those here who are saying nay to the offer of joining forces (geddit?) with the Arrsers/RN and making one big site for all the forces related stuff.

That said, a higher profile link to each site (with reciprocal links from the RN/Arrse), would be of benefit to all those who use these sites.

Is it possibly worth changing the E-Goat front to add links the Arrse / Rumration sites and asking for similar?

All in all..... well done Wobbly for the site and lets keep it blue.

P

POB

ARRSE/E-Goat

ARRSE/E-Goat

As with most others answering your question, I believe that we should remain a separate entity for as long as we can...Links to the other sites is fine, but no more than that for now.

One thing that has upset some of the ARRSEers is the advertising thing...When you rely on other peoples money you find yourself at risk of being sucked into their arguments and prejudices. There was a lot of discussion on and off the forums when "Lings Cars" began sponsoring one of the boards. The owner of Lings Cars began posting on the threads; many felt that as the sponsor she was being treated with less vigour than might have been applied to others. ARRSE is a very successful "business" now, and that has upset some of the older members, and even driven some of them away from the site.

If at all possible, E-Goat should stay independant, with all of us contributing to its upkeep. And as ever, a big round of applause for Wobbly for getting it up and running! Well done mate!

Last edited:

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
Right listen in wobbly if we had wanted to join the army we wood ave. I hate thick squadies.

They should have tried harder at school

:pDT_Xtremez_26: :pDT_Xtremez_26: :pDT_Xtremez_26: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Aint broke....

Aint broke....

we're like SAMA, we aint broke, so dont fix us!! i love the way this board is run, and we get adverts everywhere we go, if we have the funding then we should stay independant, i look forward to the day when i get paid enough to contribute to the upkeep of this site!!!
P.S. nice to see penguin sucks posting something reasonably moderate nad not having a pop a techies for a change, he must be getting soft in his old age, still cant spell tho!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

R

Roger Mellie

If the introduction of JPA is anything to go by........so much for Jointery! Stay as we are gets my vote.

Roger says "Bollocks"

I agree with all said so far. ' Join with them'? I DON'T BL**DY WELL THINK SO.........sometimes it's bad enough having to work with them!:pDT_Xtremez_09: :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Wobs - would there be any advantages for you/EGoat?

If not - no thank you.

Chaka

Sergeant
No ta.:pDT_Xtremez_02:

Would be nice to see all the supporters of The Goat chucking a couple of quid to the fund, that way there is no need for commercial advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.