• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bloody Bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having just off the phone to order my new cricket bat I thought I'd better share this absolute doozy of a bargain offer...

Hunts County Bats are offering service personel any of their kit at trade less VAT...So for instance the Glory custom classic (top grade English willow) which retails in the shops at over £200 now comes in at £106...

I've ordered the Edge 5 for £69...should have been £130.

All bats are knocked in...and they'll post for a little extra although going down there to the factory shop in Cambridgeshire means you can play around with them all...

I've got their faxed price list and will fax it on to anyone who wants it as an offer as genuine and generous as this needs to be promulgated....

Last edited:
Y

Yossarian

Bugger. I've just bought a Gray and Nicholls Predator for the new season.
Mind you that wasn't bad at £85 (RRP £120).
I always found Hunts County bats to be solid, but a bit heavy side on the pick up. My new one's quite light.

See you during the season!

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Hunts have been offering this discount for years. Certainly worth a visit and even better discounts in late Sep/Oct if you're that organised.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
First game next Weds...shoulders suitably sore from nets last night...how I've missed feeling this sore!

Stingray

Sergeant
Slazenger SXi weighing just shy of a ton......none of this nambi pambi light bat for me......poofs.....eh Vim?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Slazenger SXi weighing just shy of a ton......none of this nambi pambi light bat for me......poofs.....eh Vim?

You don't expect a surgeon to work with a carving knife do you?

Y

Yossarian

First game next Weds...shoulders suitably sore from nets last night...how I've missed feeling this sore!

Not sure when our first one is yet. Nets started a few weeks back, every Tuesday. And I know that sore feeling well. :pDT_Xtremez_08:
Not to mention the massive bruises on the inner thigh where the pad doesn't quite cover. Yep, they're back....
::(:

Y

Yossarian

Hmm.... light bat = puff by your reckoning?

In truth it's light bat = quicker blade speed and better technique.

Heavy bat = ham fisted clubber! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Status
Not open for further replies.