• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biscuits

Biscuits

• Biscuit

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyZ

Sergeant
Dirk Thrust said:
At the end of the day they are cakes. The Inland Revenue cant be wrong. You pay VAT on biscuits but you dont on cakes. You do not pay VAT on JAFFA CAKES
Ha ha ha the best joke on goat ive seen in ages.....Inland Revenue cant be wrong my @rse.......BTW Cake

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
Is it not time to put this purile thread to bed Moderators? Cake or biscuit it matters not. Members of the RAF should not be eating them if they wish to pass their AFT and OFT.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I look like Bruce Willis said:
Is it not time to put this purile thread to bed Moderators? Cake or biscuit it matters not. Members of the RAF should not be eating them if they wish to pass their AFT and OFT.

From the United Biscuits website:

The Jaffa Cakes brand team scored a McVitie's first in July 2000, when they signed a sponsorship deal with Manchester United. Jaffa Cakes became one of Man Utd's eleven 'platinum' sponsors but the only one focussing on kids in the UK. Jaffa Cakes were already enjoyed by the team and were officially launched as the teams favourite half time snack. The campaign's success was based on the product truth that Jaffa Cakes are low in fat and high in carbohydrates and so are a great energy provider.

It was for this very reason that Sven announced that Jaffa Cakes would join the England squad in Japan for the 2002 World Cup as part of their training diet. The publicity was amazing, culminating in a spectacular story of a McVitie's Jaffa Cake being found with the face of David Beckham, the team captain, on it!!!

In 2006 the fact that each Jaffa Cake is only 1g of fat has featured in the new advertising.

So once again you are talking out of your @rse.

I look like Bruce Willis

mad_collie said:
From the United Biscuits website:

The Jaffa Cakes brand team scored a McVitie's first in July 2000, when they signed a sponsorship deal with Manchester United. Jaffa Cakes became one of Man Utd's eleven 'platinum' sponsors but the only one focussing on kids in the UK. Jaffa Cakes were already enjoyed by the team and were officially launched as the teams favourite half time snack. The campaign's success was based on the product truth that Jaffa Cakes are low in fat and high in carbohydrates and so are a great energy provider.

It was for this very reason that Sven announced that Jaffa Cakes would join the England squad in Japan for the 2002 World Cup as part of their training diet. The publicity was amazing, culminating in a spectacular story of a McVitie's Jaffa Cake being found with the face of David Beckham, the team captain, on it!!!

In 2006 the fact that each Jaffa Cake is only 1g of fat has featured in the new advertising.

So once again you are talking out of your @rse.

Ah DC Fcking Clueless of the Yard returns. Did I say anywhere in my post that they contained any fat? No I merely stated an opinion that personel should not eat them if they wish to pass their AFT and OFT. Time spent eating cake or biscuits could be better spent in the gym (which contains 0% fat). If you spent as much time researching air power on the internet rather than wasting time looking at web sites for cakes(or biscuits) you might find an improvement on your next F6000.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap

I just wet my pants at that!

AndyZ said:
Taken from above website

Q. Are Jaffa cakes biscuits.

A. No, no the're not. Apart from being called cakes they obviously have a sponge base. Granted they appear to be some kind of luxury biscuit being chocolate covered and shipping in a box.

CAKE CAKE CAKE

Also from that website;

How to spot biscuits;
They come in packets
They have two sides
You could dunk them in tea

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Ah DC Fcking Clueless of the Yard returns. Did I say anywhere in my post that they contained any fat? No I merely stated an opinion that personel should not eat them if they wish to pass their AFT and OFT. Time spent eating cake or biscuits could be better spent in the gym (which contains 0% fat). If you spent as much time researching air power on the internet rather than wasting time looking at web sites for cakes(or biscuits) you might find an improvement on your next F6000.

Oh dear, it appears that ILLBW has let his GSK slip. The OFT was discontinued towards the end of last week.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
I wonder how many man-hours have been wasted on this debate?

More so I expect than on other equally important subjects like JPA and promotion issues.

By the way Its a cake!

I look like Bruce Willis

MattBombHead said:
Oh dear, it appears that ILLBW has let his GSK slip. The OFT was discontinued towards the end of last week.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Not here at High Wycombe it has not. I would be off to the gym like a shot to do mine if I were not medically downgraded.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
NEQcounter said:
I wonder how many man-hours have been wasted on this debate?

More so I expect than on other equally important subjects like JPA and promotion issues.

By the way Its a cake!

Surely by debating the Cake or Biscuit situation in the world we are not wasting manhours. As debating JPA or promotion issues is usually an equal waste of time because whatever conclusion you come to it is held with the same amount of disdain by the powers that be, and they ignore it in the same way.

Just out of interest since this thread has been going I wonder how many people have used it as a subject for one of their talks on IMLC/JMLC.

Oh and it always has been and always will be a cake.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

I look like Bruce Willis

rest have risen above me said:
Just out of interest since this thread has been going I wonder how many people have used it as a subject for one of their talks on IMLC/JMLC.

Oh and it always has been and always will be a cake.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

When I was an instructor at IMLC if any student had dared to use such a puerile subject as Jaffa cakes for his presentation, it would have meant an instant RTU for them.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
FFS ILLBW obviously I meant that the subject should be used with it's application in modern airpower doctrine although personally I poo poo airpower as a subject for discussion as my hobby is Flight safety.

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
When I was an instructor at IMLC if any student had dared to use such a puerile subject as Jaffa cakes for his presentation, it would have meant an instant RTU for them.
Not being funny but surely if someone could actually give a 5 minute presentation on a Jaffa Cake, which was well structured and informative then he/she wouldn't deserve to be RTU'd. Seems to me that you are a bit of a miserable git?

K

kokkoru

I personally think Jaffa Cakes are cakes (duh the name implies enough.)Simply because they are made of a light sponge which is classed as a cake:pDT_Xtremez_09::pDT_Xtremez_14:
Those cakes are awesome =]

Status
Not open for further replies.