• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Rock band

B

Bulletproof Dog

Fcuk, I've had this argument with my drummer so many bloody times! For me though...

Drums- Vinnie Paul (Pantera/Damageplan) or Lars Ulrich. Cannot decide on that one, both blew me away first time I heard them. Sod it, Lars Ulrich.

Bass- Cliff Burton (Metallica, RIP) without a doubt. When they recruited him at one of his gigs, they didn't realise it was a bass player at first- they were looking around for who was playing a lead solo. Pulled like a motherfcuker with his fingers, never used fancy effects, and if I'm ever half the bassist he was I'd be the happiest man in the world.

Rhythm Guitar- Dimebag Darrell (Pantera/Damageplan, RIP)- WOW. The reason I play Deans. Absolutely immense, crushing riffs and cooler than penguin pi55. Tragic loss when he was shot on stage.

Lead Guitar- Slash (GNR/Velvet Revolver)- Who needs a tremolo bar to bend notes when you can just bend the guitar instead? 4th best guitarist ever? Behind Hendrix? Fcuk off, NME. Just got to see the Godfather solo he pulls off when playing live- not sure I've ever seen someone as at one with their axe as him.

Lead Guitar 2- Kerry King (Slayer)- awesome guitarist, even with 9lbs of nails round his arms. I was going to say Dave Mustaine but then this supergroup would only last about 5 minutes before everyone got pi55ed off with him and sacked it. I know that's three guitarists, but hell, it works ok for Maiden so it works ok for me.

Vocals- Rob Zombie- no question. Top voice, written some awesome (and downright bizarre) songs, and you know you'd always have the coolest videos and album covers out there.

And support acts? Rockbitch (for the stage show, nobody'd care about how bad the music was, and for those that did it'd only get better), Dumpy's Rusty Nuts, Misfits, Motorhead. Oh, and my band in there somewhere. After Rockbitch, to give us a fighting chance of sounding half decent.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
my personal favourites

Drums - John Bonham
Bass - Flea
Guitars - Jimi Hendrix, Peter Green
Vocals - Robert Plant

alternative:

Drums - Phil Collins
Bass - John Entwistle
Guitars - Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour (fight it out over solos!)
Vocals - Janis Joplin

B

Buphoonery

Okay, my line up:

Drums - Lars Ulrich
Lead - Chris De Garmo
Rythm - Jimmy Page
Bass - Cliff Williams
Singer - Just has to Bon Scott, Henrik Ostergard at a push.

M

Mentaldrummer1980

My lineup

My lineup

This is a tough one as there are so many talented musicians out there but if i had to choose a lineup then this would be it.

Drummer:
This is a hard one as i am a drummer myself. The drummers that influenced me are Buddy Rich (RIP) with his big band orchestra, Keith moon of the Who (RIP), Nicko Mcbrain of Iron Maiden, Vinnie Paul of pantera/Rebel meets Rebel & Damageplan, Nick menza of Megadeth, and Tommy lee of motley crue. However all that said, my main influence and No 1 choice for drummer would have to be the GOD that is NEIL PEART of Rush (Say no more)

Guitars:
DIMEBAG DARRELL (RIP) of Pantera/Rebel meets Rebel/Damageplan, he is without a doubt the greatest metal guitarist that has ever lived. But as he is not alive then there can only be one other guitarist on the planet that could fill his shoes and that is ZAKK WYLDE of Black Label Society & Ozzy Osbourne. He simply pi*ses all over slash.

Bass:
STEVE HARRIS of Iron Maiden, He is the founder member of the Uk's biggest metal band and he take's no sh*t. watching him play is awesome as he commands the stage.

Vocals:
This is a hard one as there are alot of good vocals out there but when i really think about it the only one that could fit the job is ROB HALFORD of Judas Priest, his voice is amazing (just listen to Blood red skies if you dont believe me.

Oh and Mozart on Keys lol

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Lead Guitar 2- Kerry King (Slayer)- awesome guitarist, even with 9lbs of nails round his arms. I was going to say Dave Mustaine but then this supergroup would only last about 5 minutes before everyone got pi55ed off with him and sacked it.

And he's had to learn how to play the guitar again after he slept on his hand and cut off the blood supply!! He'll always be a squillion times better than me though. And he's discovered God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drums - Cozy Powell.
Bass – Mark King.
Lead Guitar – Gary Moore.
Vocals - Paul Rogers.

Keyboards – John Lord.
All songs written by Phil Lynott.
Private jet flown by Bruce Dickinson.
Band manager – Sir Bobby Robson.
Not sure about rhythm guitar so I guess I’ll pick me. Ha!
Bez would probably be involved also.

3Chordwonder

Lets get away from this metal/rock rubbish.

Bass: Bruce Thomas (any real bass player knows ALL about Bruce's genius)

Drums: Derek Grant (Alkaline Trio - check him out drum wanna-be's)

Guitar: Johnny Marr ('Nuff said)

Keyboards: Steve Nieve (the master)

Singer/songwriter: Elvis Costello

The defence rests.

Some good line up, not sure about a few but here's mine.

Vocals-Robert Plant
Lead guitar-Steve Vai
Rythm guitars-Joe Satriani and Dave Weiner
Bass-Stu Hamm
Drums-Gregg Bissonette

Music and lyrics by Frank Zappa and John Lennon

M

monobrow

Shame some of them are dead mind, a bit like this topic was.... for 10 months.

fed_up_scribbly

Corporal
Some interesting combinations so far but here's my ultimate band:

Vocals - Glenn Hughes (just awesome and sings blues/rock like no other)
Lead Guitar - Randy Rhodes (an unbelievably skillful player)
Rythym Guitar - Malcolm Young (the unsung heart of AC/DC - there isn't a better man to do the job)
Bass - John Entwhistle (a given - there is no other bass player that can touch him)
Drums - Jason Bonham (has proven that he is as good as his old man, if not better)

Last edited:

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
There's so much I'd agree with on here but I haven't yet seen anyone mention:
Ronnie James Dio for vocals.
Who could possibly forget the early days of Rainbow (specifically Stargazer from 'Rainbow Rising', still puts chills up and down my spine) and even some of the Black Sabbath tunes. A midget with a massive voice IMO. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

And I would also throw in Randy California (Randy Wolfe) on guitar (at the age of 14 Jimi Hendrix plucked him out of anonymity but his mum wouldn't let him come to the UK 'cos she thought he was too young :D . And there is a rumour that Jimmy Page plagurised one of his songs when Page wrote Stairway to Heaven).

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
The best band has already been created. It has
Alex Lifeson on Guitar
Geddy Lee on Bass and
Neil Peart on Percussion (He is so much more than a drummer) :pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

Scottow Horseshoe

Simply......

Simply......

Vocals : Rob Halford (Judas Priest)....Metal God, 6 octave vocal impressario

Drums : Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) purely fcuking amazing, simple as that

Lead Guitar:Ritchie Blackmore (Pre-Blackmore's night of course)

Rhythm: Malcom Young..no more needs to be said

Bass: Neil Murray..(Whitesnake/M3) Great bassist and all round decent bloke

Keyboards: Mark Stanway (Magnum/M3) another thourougly decent chap with talent unbounded

Also with part time blues section of Mickey Moody (Whitesnake/M3) & Joe Bonamassa

There are many,many more I could add, but the post would be FAR too long!

sonofhacker

Trekkie Nerd
Difficult to do... I'll have to put more than one of each because they're all good...

Drums - Travis Barker (Blink 182) / Cozy Powell / taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters)

Vocals - Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) / ZP Theart (Dragonforce) / Dexter Holland (The Offspring)

Bass - Flea (RHCP) / Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) / Gary Mounfield (Stone Roses)

Lead Guitar - Joe Satriani / Gary Moore / Joe Walsh (the Eagles)

Rhythm Guitar - Noel Gallacher (Oasis) / Chris Cornell / Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Tricky:

Lead guitar: Steven Stills / Joe Walsh / Clapton / Hendrix (??)
Drums: Keith Moon / Keith Forsey / Cosy Powell
Bass: Cheryl Crowe / Neil Murray / Timothy B Smidt (Eagles)
Keyboards: Allan Price / Georgy Fame / Jules Holland / Jimmy Smith (?)
Rhythm: Jimmy Messina / David Crosby

Naturally, there might be a problem with them playing together (not to mention the dead), but I think a decent combo could be made up.

:pDT_Xtremez_28: