• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bengo's One Stop motor shop

G

gemarriott

Got a question about your car?
want a better deal from the dealer?
Got a problem with your motor?

Ask the Hogwart'sBengo he knows some useful sh1t believe me. I used his tips and got a free magic tree and a cup of coffee from the dealer.

Over to you Bengo.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Got a question about your car?
want a better deal from the dealer?
Got a problem with your motor?

Ask the Hogwart'sBengo he knows some useful sh1t believe me. I used his tips and got a free magic tree and a cup of coffee from the dealer.

Over to you Bengo.
But what about the fridge - How many 330 cl bottles of Lieffe does it hold? does it make ice? is there enough room for some proper man sized sarnies?

These are the kind of things you need to know

You also need to realise that Car Salesmen are not human so give em sh!t they deserve it cos they will milk you for every penny you've got. You'll rarely get a discount of a new motor off a German car dealer as almost all of em are built to order - they don't have thousands of em hanging round in swampy fields like Ford or Vauxhall

::p:

G

gemarriott

But what about the fridge - How many 330 cl bottles of Lieffe does it hold? does it make ice? is there enough room for some proper man sized sarnies?

You also need to realise that Car Salesmen are not human so give em sh!t they deserve it cos they will milk you for every penny you've got. You'll rarely get a discount of a new motor off a German car dealer as almost all of em are built to order - they don't have thousands of em hanging round in swampy fields like Ford or Vauxhall

Now play nicely, if you've got a question ask it properly, something like this;-

Dear Hogwartsbengo,

How much beer does the VW touring pack fridge hold?

Thank you

do you think you could handle that? S2 wouldn't want his standards to slip here now would he?:pDT_Xtremez_31:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I'll do some research and get back to you...

and as for negotiating discounts from German Manufacturers' Stealers, you're right, you won't. But then again, you get what you pay for...

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
as for negotiating discounts from German Manufacturers' Stealers, you're right, you won't. But then again, you get what you pay for...
Absolutely correct which is why I've driven nothing else (except for 11 months with a new Jag - traded it for a Porker) I couldn't afford the depreciation of anything else anymore

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Dear Hogwartsbengo,

How much beer does the VW touring pack fridge hold?

Thank you

:

After consulting the VW website, I see that the dealer-fit Fridge options on the new Golf are three-fold. 2 are free-standing cool-boxes that plug into the 12v outlet socket. The smaller option is a 75 quid option and has an impressive 27 litre capacity, slighter larger and more pricey at nearer 120 quid is the 40 litre cool-box.

so to answer your question, the largest of the fridges can hold a bladder-bursting 70 pints of finest beer. Unfortunately this does not include any of the normal glass or aluminium vessels used for holding said fermented vegetable beverage.

I see that GEMarriot has been gifted *ahem* the touring pack which includes the hella mini bar deluxe http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/accessories/details?part_no=ZGB000065401A The hella mini bar can hold qty 8 300ml cans or qty 4 500ml bottles. Ideal for a long journey or day-long fishing exped.

Now you have to ask yourself what you want your new car to do - if you want a comfortable conveyance that has the option of carrying a couple of chilled cans/bottles of your favourite tipple, a Golf with an optional fridge is a sensible choice. If you just want to maximise your ability to transport chilled beer, I would recommend a Scania 40 tonne artic with a refrigerated twin-axle trailer.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
G

gemarriott

Seems like I got a good deal from the VW man then, comfy car and fridge capable of holding a day's rugby spactating intake of Bitburger, with space for a designated driver to boot.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
so to answer your question, the largest of the fridges can hold a bladder-bursting 70 pints of finest beer. Unfortunately this does not include any of the normal glass or aluminium vessels used for holding said fermented vegetable beverage.

If you just want to maximise your ability to transport chilled beer, I would recommend a Scania 40 tonne artic with a refrigerated twin-axle trailer.

Hope this helps.

Well at least you can carry a tankard with you to scoop it out to wet the whistle.

I am ordering my scania as soon as I win the lottery :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Hang on a minute, why have they refrigerated the axles ? It's the beer I want kept cold :pDT_Xtremez_15:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whats the word on the street about the new Renault Scenic and Grand Scenics? I am specifically looking for a diesal version.

They are filled with gizmo's and the handbrake is an electronic type which makes me wonder if they are a garage bill waiting to happen?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Whats the word on the street about the new Renault Scenic and Grand Scenics? I am specifically looking for a diesal version.

They are filled with gizmo's and the handbrake is an electronic type which makes me wonder if they are a garage bill waiting to happen?

It's french.

Need I say more?

*sighs* give me some time to peruse the usual gallic sales bumpf, the JD power results etc and I'll see what I can dig up...

*cough*VW Touran*cough*

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Basically the Scenics are a good drive and with a gutsy diesel powerplant, will not feel underpowered - even with all 7 seats occupied in the grand scenic.

However, as with all fcuking french pieces of sh1te, the scenics appear to suffer from horrendous electrical problems and other build quality issues - the Scenic driving readers of WhatCar? give their opinions here:

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-readers.aspx?RT=605

Up to you mate, and all the niggles were covered under warranty - but I'd think hard about other options first. You might get a nice deal on a Seat Alhambra - the pick of the Seat/VW/Ford triplets, and I hate to say it, but the Vauxhall Zafira could well be worth a look. :pDT_Xtremez_34:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Basically the Scenics are a good drive and with a gutsy diesel powerplant, will not feel underpowered - even with all 7 seats occupied in the grand scenic.

However, as with all fcuking french pieces of sh1te, the scenics appear to suffer from horrendous electrical problems and other build quality issues - the Scenic driving readers of WhatCar? give their opinions here:

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-readers.aspx?RT=605

Up to you mate, and all the niggles were covered under warranty - but I'd think hard about other options first. You might get a nice deal on a Seat Alhambra - the pick of the Seat/VW/Ford triplets, and I hate to say it, but the Vauxhall Zafira could well be worth a look. :pDT_Xtremez_34:

The Zafira is my number 2 at the moment...I hired one whilst on holiday and thrapped it over a mountain range and had to say I was impressed but its a bit boxy...The electrics are the devil when it comes to Renault though.

C

Crystal_Tips

We are going to have to become a two car family soon and my budget will be £2700-3000. I don't need 4 doors but I do need a hatch back (dog). I want it to be cheap to insure, tax and run. I 'm not a speed merchant either lol!

What 2-3 cars could you reccomend?

ps i'm not a car stupid girly, I just always cycled everywhere but that's going to change soon.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

We are going to have to become a two car family soon and my budget will be £2700-3000. I don't need 4 doors but I do need a hatch back (dog). I want it to be cheap to insure, tax and run. I 'm not a speed merchant either lol!

What 2-3 cars could you reccomend?

ps i'm not a car stupid girly, I just always cycled everywhere but that's going to change soon.

Dear Crystal Tips

My advice would be - Go East! By that I mean Japan. For your budget and requirements you wouldn't go far wrong with a Nissan Micra or a Toyota Yaris. Both are available with a 1.0 litre engine which although gutless on the open road, is more than enough for a second runaround and will be nippy and easy to park. Both are available in 3 and 5 door guises so your hatchback is covered and providing you buy a good one (and there are 1000s of good ones around) they'll never let you down. Ever.

Your budget will get you one about 4 years old and typically these cars have been owned by careful lady owners or more senior motorists who have looked after them. Look out for limited editions too as they come with nice creature comforts like sunroofs, air conditioning, cd players etc

With 1.0 litre engines, these small cars are frugal on the petrol and providing it was 1st registered after March 2001, will fall into the lowest road tax bracket. Insurance groups will be low too.

If you need specifics - just ask.

Hope this helps.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

The Zafira is my number 2 at the moment...I hired one whilst on holiday and thrapped it over a mountain range and had to say I was impressed but its a bit boxy...The electrics are the devil when it comes to Renault though.

My sister has a new Zafira and as designated driver at a family dinner, I must say it was a very nice car (for a fcuking Vauxhall). Felt very solid and safe (good for a family car) and a comfy drive.

D

Dhoby4u

In defence of Vauxhall. I have owned an Astra Twin Top Design since Sept and I am dead chuffed with it.

General Motors have got a winner with this one.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I've gotta agree with Dhobi, the new Astra range is spot on. We got a 5 door, 1.7CDTI in Sept, and its magic.

On the subject of small cars for CT, have a look at the Smart For2/ City Coupe. Its small, frugal (50+ mpg), cheap to tax (£40 per year, free if you can find a diesel - 90+mpg) and the whole of the back opens, giving a tardis style boot.

And before anyone asks, yes, i am a proud owner of a Smart For 2.

*sits back and anticipates a HUGE ribbing*

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

C

Cupracop

Dear HogwartsBEngO,

I have a question,

I have a Leon Cupra 20v T, I really enjoy the power and handling of the car but I am disappointed with the fuel consumption as I have a 20 mile trip to work each day getting about 28-32mpg at the moment.

I understand that’s not bad for a quick motor but I want more without losing to much power?

Any suggestions in the £9,000-£10,000 bracket?

Also on French cars, Do not buy a Citroen Picasso as I attended one on fire due to electrical faults a few weeks ago, Be warned French cars both suck and blow.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I've gotta agree with Dhobi, the new Astra range is spot on. We got a 5 door, 1.7CDTI in Sept, and its magic.

On the subject of small cars for CT, have a look at the Smart For2/ City Coupe. Its small, frugal (50+ mpg), cheap to tax (£40 per year, free if you can find a diesel - 90+mpg) and the whole of the back opens, giving a tardis style boot.

And before anyone asks, yes, i am a proud owner of a Smart For 2.

*sits back and anticipates a HUGE ribbing*

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Nice idea for the For2 Matt, but you will find that they are not within CT's budget typically. Some are of course, but tend to be old, Left-hook and difficult to find. As for the Tardis style boot - yes, if you take the only 2 seats out.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Dear HogwartsBEngO,

I have a question,

I have a Leon Cupra 20v T, I really enjoy the power and handling of the car but I am disappointed with the fuel consumption as I have a 20 mile trip to work each day getting about 28-32mpg at the moment.

I understand that’s not bad for a quick motor but I want more without losing to much power?

Any suggestions in the £9,000-£10,000 bracket?

Also on French cars, Do not buy a Citroen Picasso as I attended one on fire due to electrical faults a few weeks ago, Be warned French cars both suck and blow.

tut tut tut CupraCop, knowing as I do that you haven't had your very nice Leon all that long, I would warn against swapping just yet.

Some people dream of a 20 mile round-trip to work and at 30 mpg it aint bad. If you want to increase that without losing power you are talking diesel, and to buy a diesel costs a premium, a premium which you won't recover over the low mileage that you cover.

For a practical performance motor, you have the tip-top choice there in the Leon Cupra 20vT - plus to have found one at the price you did, with the leather and the winter pack you did very well my friend.

Tell you what, if you want to improve your mpg, try switching your fcuking heated seats off now and again and lightening up on the right foot. :pDT_Xtremez_14: