• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bargain!!!

GunnerP

SAC
Just fitted a new exhaust system to my Buell. Bought on Ebay from the USA.

7e65_1.JPG

Brand new in the box , the price was $116 including airmail postage from Oregon.

With the £20 import tax the whole thing cost £78 (With a free hat, t shirt, keyring and stickers)

They retail in the UK for £274

I am a very happy man:pDT_Xtremez_28: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

(The bike now sounds like a Spitfire on full chat:eek: ;) ;) ;))

G

gunner j 344

shame about the price

shame about the price

well thats your moped doubled in price makesure you upgrade your insurance:pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

Split-Brain

E-Bay USA is the only place to buy shiny bits for American Iron.

Trust me, for the hog I don't shop anywhere else. Even after adding the postage (and an occasional hand-out to the UK tax-man) the savings are immense compared to the local "stealership".

Nice one.

GunnerP

SAC
Totally agree with you mate.

I only buy the very cheapect of items from the local stealer. Last time I was in, the chap in front of me spent over £1000 on a set of wheels:pDT_Xtremez_35: I spent 96p on a seal for the output bearing:pDT_Xtremez_17:

I also go to an independant spannerman for any work that I cant do myself. Had the gearbox stripped, a selector and a gear replaced, output bearing replaced, along with full service for under £350. (And he let me watch whilst he was doing it, giving me advice as to how to do it myself next time) The dealership wanted £200 for just a service alone.

Have you tried Guernsey H-D? apparently they do all parts Tax free (Ive never used them though)

P

S

Split-Brain

Used Guernsey H-D several times last year, but not in the last 6 months or so.

Parts were shipped P&P AND VAT free. Normally about 2 weeks between placing the order by e-mail and the parts arriving in East Yorks. Not only could you order any item from the "Accessories" catalogues but also standard parts as well - as long as you had the Part Number. Excellent service and couldn't fault them.

One of the first things I bought from E-Bay USA was the parts manual for my model/year Harley. After that it was easy. Find the parts on E-Bay if possible or order from Guernsey on-line. You can get an immediate price on-line from Guernsey as it's an automated system. Add the dreaded 17.5% for VAT and you then have a very close estimate of what the local stealership will rob you of. If you don't mind the two week wait then don't hesitate to use Guernsey.

Keep it shiny side up, mate

:pDT_Xtremez_30: