• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BAFTA For Best Movie Scene

Kryten

Warrant Officer
On the way into work this morning I was listening to Vanessa Feltz, and she was inviting viewers to nominate those scenes in movies which would win a 'BAFTA Best Movie Scene' award if one were to exist.

There were some pretty obscure ones nominated by listeners, but the ones I agree with are the Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson courtroom scene in "A Few Good Men", and the scene in the first "Alien" movie where John Hurt meets his demise.

So if there were a 'BAFTA Best Movie Scene' category, what would be your all time greatest movie scene nomination?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Full Metal Jacket...where Private Pile goes nuts and shoots Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann before blasting his own brains out.

That and the scene where Jack Nicholson walks into the Gold Room during a roaring 20's party in The Shining leading to the series of bizarre conversations with Delbert Grady, the ghost butler. Okay, that's two scenes from the Shining, but they are heavily linked together

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Car chase scene in 'Bullit' and the opening scene in 'Halloween' where we see the killer unmasked and it's a child.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As the posts are starting to go in that direction I'll nominate a large chunk of Electric Blue 7

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back......."NO!! I am you Father!" All this after cutting his son's right hand off.......

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That scene where the washing machine repair guys knocks on the door 8 seconds after the machine won't work and the be-towelled and fresh from the shower women answers the door and he ends up ploughing her into next week...That one...can't remember the name of it though.