• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Automotive lecky info needed

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Hopefully someone can help. I'm trying to wire a usb socket into my car and need to tap a switched 12v line. I remember using a click on connector with a trade name like "Snap it " or the like to make the connection without cutting the wire. Does any one know the name as I've googled every combination of click and snap and am getting nowhere.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Scotchlocks are brilliant if you want a sh1t electromechanical connection and fancy risking damage to whatever you're 'splicing' into your loom.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Scotchlocks are brilliant if you want a sh1t electromechanical connection and fancy risking damage to whatever you're 'splicing' into your loom.

Plus your average modern car seems to have all sorts of electronic monitoring gubbins installed these days. Even though I'd only taken out the fag lighter fuse and replaced it with the piggy-back plus the extra load of the dashcam, I still got a '... you've been messing around whilst I was asleep ...' warning message. It did a self test and realised that it was OK so peace and harmony was restored. Phew!!

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
This isn't a modern fancy pants motor. It doesn't even bother telling you that your seat belt isn't fastened. It was cutting edge as it had an lcd digital clock :pDT_Xtremez_31: