• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes first blood?

fileeth

Corporal
A defeat of 200 runs and a innings by midaday on day three.:pDT_Xtremez_42: Should of played Trott for his batting and not Harmison for his so called bowling.
All momentum going the Aussies way - not bad for a bowling side that wasn't rated that well at the start of the tour.:pDT_Xtremez_34:
Aussies to win the series 2-1 and we get to have another go in two years time.:pDT_Xtremez_21:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Maybe not.....

Crims have had just a wee bit of a batting collapse, from 73/0 to 160 all out. England lead by 172.

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I am looking forward to going to watch tomorrow:pDT_Xtremez_19: hopefully we can ram home our advantage!!! Barmy Army!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Dare we show a little bit of hope? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Nope more than hope. So very much more than that we must have an unshakeable belief that we will grind the convicts into the dust over the next 2 days. From the dust of this oval pitch will rise the ashes for England. We will smash the arrogance out of them and prove once again that England are the Aussie nemesis. Plus a certain Lancashire fat lad is in his last test match.

We only win at home though as in 2007 they thrashed us 5-0 in Aus.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
England have a 230 run lead with 7 wickets still standing. I hope Trott (who is proving his selection IMHO) and Straus can survive tomorrow morning and get some runs. 300 runs might win this match, with the pitch breaking up.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being a keen follower of the game I shelled out some cash to get Sky Sports so I could watch the series...stuff kept cropping meaning I've seen the square root of feck all of the Ashes so far so the final game got some special attention with leave being put in and everyone in my life briefed to shhhhhhh for the next few days...I managed to watch the morning session until they were 70-0 then the phone rang in the kitchen...missed first wicket...then kids trying to kill each other in another room and wife ignoring them so I go to deal...missed the next wicket and so on etc etc etc...

I managed to miss the first nine wickets live due to one thing or another...I only managed to see Freddie take the last one as I'd tied and gagged the kids to a pole in the garden (not a person from Poland but the upright metal variety for all you pedants) and was holding the larger of my kitchen knives to the wifes throat so she would shut the feck up for a few mins and stop finding me gash tasks...

The pan lids want to go to the fun farm tomorrow AM...Its going to be an early start and they had better be prepared to be run hard as I want them napping on the sofa by 1059am...

Anyone else think these Ashes lack the umpth of 2005 due to the lack of free to air coverage?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I missed the afternoon session as well, but couldnt be arsed to Sky+ all of it.

Where the feck are the highlights this evening?? Not impressed.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone else think these Ashes lack the umpth of 2005 due to the lack of free to air coverage?

Yes they have lacked something Sky has tried hard to jack up the interest but the lack of free to air cricket has shown what a small market share they actually have. The seres is poised at 1-1 with England in the box seat it should be the main sporting topic for TV and newspapers but guess what the round ball season has started and even SKY Sports news puts footy stories first.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
With England consolidating their position this morning and me watching them do it I have just been informed that I have to take 'drains on my resources' to Fun Farm for the afternoon...I'm now trying to locate a small LW radio I know I own but can't find and some earphones!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
546, not a bad target...

I'm waiting for the standard English bowling collapse...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anybody else yelling at the telly to get Harmison off before they knocked the total off in an afternoon?

He was effective when he was bowling at 96/97mph back in 2005, on a length, on a line and bowling to his field...You could sense what Straus was saying to him...'Listen you stupid tw@t...I've set an offside field for you so fecking bowl to it ffs'...

No place in the team for him...He's denying another much needed spinner a place in the team...

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Anybody else yelling at the telly to get Harmison off before they knocked the total off in an afternoon?

He was effective when he was bowling at 96/97mph back in 2005, on a length, on a line and bowling to his field...You could sense what Straus was saying to him...'Listen you stupid tw@t...I've set an offside field for you so fecking bowl to it ffs'...

No place in the team for him...He's denying another much needed spinner a place in the team...

Hopefully Board and Swann will do the business tomorrow.