• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes first blood?

J

Justacabbie

Is it too early to get excited that we could go 1 up in the series? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Is it too early to get excited that we could go 1 up in the series? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Until it's mathematically impossible for the Aussies to win, then yes. Those guys don't give up until the last minute (at any sport), wish we were the same.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

S

scopedope

After watching the fourth day, I thought they had blown it. Just watched todays first session. Flintoff and Swann were awesome. Just hope they can carry it through to next tests.

How long till the Aussies start bleating and moaning about everything, because there's no way that they could possibly have been beaten by a better side??

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How long till the Aussies start bleating and moaning about everything, because there's no way that they could possibly have been beaten by a better side?? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

They were beaten by a better side and rightly so. 1-0 to the Mother land and the convicts lost, all is right with the world. Ricky Ponting, dame Edna, Skippy, Rolf Harris, Steve Irwin your boys took one hell of a beating.
:pDT_Xtremez_30: bl00dy marvellous

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
They were beaten by a better side and rightly so. 1-0 to the Mother land and the convicts lost, all is right with the world. Ricky Ponting, dame Edna, Skippy, Rolf Harris, Steve Irwin your boys took one hell of a beating.
:pDT_Xtremez_30: bl00dy marvellous

... and all our e-goater Scottish brethren who were rooting for the Aussies ... :pDT_Xtremez_30: ... did you hear? We won!!!

J

Justacabbie

Well done boys, now keep up the good work and dont let them get back in it!

Even though we have just won a game with three to go, I have already emailed my Australian friends to wind them up, needless to say I am getting some very sporting responses from themJ :pDT_Xtremez_35:

T93

Sergeant
... and all our e-goater Scottish brethren who were rooting for the Aussies ... :pDT_Xtremez_30: ... did you hear? We won!!!

Errr,

I am One of those rare types <Scottish & follows/likes Cricket) Followed Durham for a long time & even manage to get to the Riverside when back in the UK.

I already have tickets for the Natwest One dayer England v Australia on the 20th Sept....I do hope England beat them on that day as well as taking back the Ashes.

T93

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No big loss imo...He's a character and a crowd puller but he seems to find it difficult to settle down and make big totals and his choice of shots has been debatable...He's an unknown quantity as he walks out to the square these days and usually he gets out too cheaply...

Bell is a good choice...hope the occaission doesn't get to him coming in cold so to speak...

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Had a chance now to digest the options & I agree with Vim that Pieterson, in his current form, is no great loss. As a home test series I would beg Trescothick to come out of test retirement for 3 matches and drop Cook or Strauss to 3 allowing Tresco to open as a man in great form. I appreciate that this is a risk, both in cricketing terms and in personal terms to Trescothick, but as a one off in terms of regaining the Ashes I think this is our best chance.

crap_prop

LAC
You'll never get Trescothick to play a test again which is a shame as HS said he is probably the best in form batsman not in the England squad, he has scored three centuries in his last four matches! Bell is not fairing too bad though although he was out for seven yesterday! Probably got the next test already on his mind!

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I'm afraid that Bopara is not currently a number 3, and the Aussies seem to have him and Bell thoroughly worked out! I would bring Rob Key in to give some solidity to the number 3 spot. but the bowling yesterday was absolutely fcuking shocking!!!!! pitch the bloody thing up its not rocket science!!!!!! still when I go to the Oval on days 1 & 3 it should be 1-1, all up for grabs :pDT_Xtremez_19: