• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any 66sqn or RTU?

GunnerP

SAC
West Raynham??

Interesting site here with pics of the derelict airfield and buildings. Including the Radome and Sports and Social club ect. Sad to see the station in such a state of neglect (Mind you some would have been happy to see the place burn to the ground)

http://www.derelicte.co.uk/raf-west-raynham

raf-west-raynham_52.jpg

Also features

RAF Oakington
RAF Shepherds Grove
RAF Upwood
RAF Watton
Rougham Airfield

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Worked behind the bar in the S&S for a while back in 87/88, the money I made on keeping the bar open to stupid o'clock in the morning for the 66 and RTU Xmans dos in 87 paid for the Xmas present buying that year.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Sergeant
I was on 66, can't say I have fond memories of the place though. I was only there for about a year before the sqn moved to Honington. Any longer and I would of pvr'd.

GunnerP

SAC
Know what you mean, but for me it was not so much the camp itself, but Rapier that did my head in. I was lucky to serve with a cracking bunch of lads, and remember some good nights out in Lynn and Fakenham. (though this may be the new rose coloured specs) But if I hadnt got my motorsickle to escape on, it would probably been worse.

Only way out without PVR'ing was to volunteer for something stupid. For me it was prancing about at Uxbridge for 3 years:raf: :raf: :raf: Now that WAS soul destroying.

P

G

gunner j 344

west raynham

west raynham

Hey gunner p
do you remember a naafi committee that we started one night there :pDT_Xtremez_32: A FLT 66 Sqn lions led by donkeys!!!

GunnerP

SAC
Sorry, I was too busy drinking you under the table:pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34:

P

GunnerP

SAC
I do remember 'Prepare for Tank action' when we blew up a certain corporals door .

And the time we made a Tornado take evasive action, with a firework:pDT_Xtremez_35:

And that your room was haunted:pDT_Xtremez_35:

P

Vagabond

Sergeant
When were you on 66 Gunner P?. It was my first posting out of Catterick during the early part of 1992, went onto 3 section A flight. Managed to get myself out to Germany in 1994.

Remember some great lads on the squadron and monumental p1ss-ups in Fakenham. Glad to get away though, could handle the boredom of Rapier, but not when in the depths of darkest Norfolk. Raynham reminded me of a fookin concentration camp.

G

gunner j 344

most haunted

most haunted

gunner p what can I say how about the copper letting cs off in the block and when chiefY came around the block when we all refused to go to certain people's leaving do and he stayed and got hammered with us. also a certain new year eve party at spuds then off to the usa and of course the sasmore night in phil b**** room when we had to turn the music down to hear the guard commander shout at us PER ARDUA:pDT_Xtremez_06:
:pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_35:
WHICH ONE ARE YOU GUNNER??

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gunner j 344

Sorry, I was too busy drinking you under the table:pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34: :pDT_Xtremez_34:

P

Well that would have been a first:pDT_Xtremez_14:
better abottle in front of you than a fronal labotomy

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not posted there, but basic rapier course there many moons ago, when earth still young. What a dosshole :pDT_Xtremez_34:

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Did my Rapier course there in Jan 94 after being posted back from 1 Sqn, that place seriously sapped my will to live. Had to be the worst 6 weeks of my time in the Regt.::p: I think that was more to do with Rapier than the location as I had spent 4 years at Marham when me arl fella was in the RAF and I was an oggie on 2620 Sqn before i joined the regulars and I thoroughly enjoyed it then, go figure.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Vagabond

Sergeant
Did my Rapier course there in Jan 94 after being posted back from 1 Sqn, that place seriously sapped my will to live. Had to be the worst 6 weeks of my time in the Regt.::p: I think that was more to do with Rapier than the location as I had spent 4 years at Marham when me arl fella was in the RAF and I was an oggie on 2620 Sqn before i joined the regulars and I thoroughly enjoyed it then, go figure.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Fck me Red-Rock. Laarbruch to Raynham, I bet you were bloody depressed, I think that would of finished me off. A bit of a culture shock me thinks! Party time to Norfolk time. You must of thought of binning it and getting out.

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Fck me Red-Rock. Laarbruch to Raynham, I bet you were bloody depressed, I think that would of finished me off. A bit of a culture shock me thinks! Party time to Norfolk time. You must of thought of binning it and getting out.
Laarparts to Raynham via Leeming mate. Was posted to 15 Sqn. The only thing that kept me going was the knowledge that later on that year we were going to Belize and I had just missed out on that on 1 Sqn. They were due to go on Mayan Sword with II Sqn just after I was posted and that really pi$$ed me off missing that one. When I found out 15 Sqn were doing Native Trail I decided it was worthwhile staying.

I must admit though I absolutely feckin hated Rapier. I almost lost it big time when we got told we were upgrading to FSC but then the Sqn got disbanded and I got posted to 3 Sqn, happy days.

B

bax

those were the days

those were the days

I had some smashing times at Raynham, and watching Donk and Badger taking the mick out of all in the SAS club. Times have changed now though.

W

windy millar's luv child

Ahhhhh Bax... I tink I know who ya r.... 16 fella ???? ya used to hang out with Trev the Sqn stacker didn't ya?? lol

J

Jonesy

some fond memories there looking at those pics of how Raynham is now, it was a base in the back of beyond, but we had some cracking times there and some cracking booze ups.

i noticed the CS incident is still fresh in peoples minds, as is the 2 day court martial being fresh in my mind........haha

i notice Red Flag was mentioned too, but the infamous Red Flag booze up we had in NAAFI was a night to remember too that us reprabates had whilst you were over there plyaing Rapier.....hehe

gunner j 344 that aint you is it Taffy boy beer belly?

whos gunner p? who's the rest of you, just wondering if any names i recognise?

J

Jonesy

this might be a bonkers idea, but what would the chances be of somehow having a reunion booze up in the SAS club? haha