• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Wigston hangover

UlsterExile

Sergeant
I suspect there is more at senior level than we know about, more shenanigans under Wigston's watch. Yet people who are found to be in breach are still in potions they should not be. Knighton has a lot to to do and would do well to clear out some of the bad apples to show he means business. Just my humble opinion.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You would have thought that the Legal Branch, above all others, would have known what kind of actions and behaviour were within the law and and what wasn't.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Daily Fail spin:

and

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Probably needs a Met Police style review. Pain now will save greater pain later. Get rid of all the bad apples now.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Daily Fail spin:

and

I did read he was an interesting "chap" on another forum, but while he may have personal issues outside the RAF. The report on his dismissal is quite clear about co-ordinated response by senior officers. While they stop short of saying it was collusion anyone worth their salt can read between the lines.

Lets be honest here, Wigston's tenure was appalling and Rich Knighton has an uphill struggle to get us back on track. He needs to clear house, that in my opion would send a clear message that he is serious about taking the RAF forward.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Nice career ender there!
Permanent marker pen at the top of every OJAR from now on, for the board to see.

Still, at least he has some dit value now although he could have tried harder as I've seen far worse! 😂👍

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
"Goodwin had been confronted about his behaviour at work early the following week by a fellow officer. The court was told that Goodwin replied: 'F***ing hell, I get like this when I am drinking, I have to stop drinking I am f***ing my life up.'"

Job done then

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
What do we think will happen? They will say lessons have been learned blah blah blah, but no one will be held accountable, certainly not Wiggy - and he will end up as CEO somewhere still cashing in his fat pension.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
What do we think will happen? They will say lessons have been learned blah blah blah, but no one will be held accountable, certainly not Wiggy - and he will end up as CEO somewhere still cashing in his fat pension.
Same old, same old. We never learn.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A nice fat retainer as perhaps a none executive director/CEO of some defence firm no doubt awaits. Any fall out from his tenure will be felt by those remaining and will not land on him.