• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alway treat your kite.....

stacker1195

Sergeant
...like you treat your woman.

Classic. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I heard in a doc about Blackadder that Rowan Atkinson got a bit wound up when Rik Mayall was on. Where Atkinson was quite a methodical actor taking his time getting his scenes right, Mayall just turned did his stuff and left.

'Private Plane' remains my favourite episode of any comedy series.

Last edited:

KingGuin

Sergeant
Ben Elton said when he invited Rick Mayall to play Flasheart, Mayall agreed on the condition he got funnier lines than Atkinson. Great episode.

T

tacadmin

After months of waiting, I finally bought the box-set over the weekend. Been years since I've seen most of them, and looking forward to hours of laughter over the next few weeks. I do vividly remember the 'flash-heart' episode though, one of the best!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Who can forget this classic bit of script...

Lord Flasheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out I'm missing, five hundred girls will kill themselves. And I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my *face*! Hello? Cancel the state funeral, tell the king to stop blubbing, Flash is not dead! I simply ran out of juice! And before five hundred girls all go 'oh, what's the point in living any more?' I'm talking about petrol! Woof! Send someone along to pick me up. General Melchett's driver will do, she hangs round with a big knob so she'll be used to a fellow like me. Woof!

Captain Blackadder: Look, do you think you could make your obscene phone call somewhere else?

Lord Flasheart: No, not in half an hour you rubber desk-johnny! Send the bitch with the wheels right now or I'll fly back home and give your wife something to hang her towels on!

Lord Flasheart: [hangs up] Right! Let's dig out your best booze and talk about me till the car comes!

Truly inspirational!!

Bikerbill

LAC
And who can forget Flashheart's first appearance in Blackadder II, when Edmund was to marry 'Bob'. (She has a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.)

I think his best line was:- "Am I pleased to see you, or have I just put a canoe in my pocket?".

With the exception of the original series, they were all complete class. Truely inspired comedy writing.

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
stacker1195;444097I heard in a doc about Blackadder that Rowan Atkinson got a bit wound up when Rik Mayall was on. Where Atkinson was quite a methodical actor taking his time getting his scenes right said:
IIRC Atkinson has quite a serious stutter and has trouble pronuncing words begining witrh the letter B
So he finds it harder to ad lib and do it off the cuff like Mayell was doing

It's also one of teh reasons Stephen Fry gave for doing the noises make it was to crack Rowan Atkinson up hence all the Baaaaayyyyyyys that he through in

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
And who can forget Flashheart's first appearance in Blackadder II, when Edmund was to marry 'Bob'. (She has a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.)

I think his best line was:- "Am I pleased to see you, or have I just put a canoe in my pocket?".

With the exception of the original series, they were all complete class. Truely inspired comedy writing.

Not a chance mate.
"Nice beard bridesmaid! gives me something to, hang on to! :pDT_Xtremez_05: