• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ALM - should i?

D

Delta Bravo

I'm sure in real life you're perfect in every way but you might want to work on your spelling and appropriate use of capital letters...we're really really finnicky about attention to detail.

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Considering your number of posts, i can see your an egoat old sweat and have been enveloped in the JSP101 world of minutia (minor information (good use of bracketing?)).

Clearly my IT skills have been better put to use else where, that or this MOD computer has sticky keys....

keef31

LAC
To answer the first question, no WSOp's to be recruited as there is too many with no aircraft. Ask your nearest AFCO.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm sure in real life you're perfect in every way but you might want to work on your spelling and appropriate use of capital letters...we're really really finnicky about attention to detail.

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Considering your number of posts, i can see your an egoat old sweat and have been enveloped in the JSP101 world of minutia (minor information (good use of bracketing?)).

Clearly my IT skills have been better put to use else where, that or this MOD computer has sticky keys....

:pDT_Xtremez_42:...................

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
My free time in 2010 for me was largely spent preparing for remustering to the trade of WSOP and believe me, if you do decide to go for it, you must be committed.

Next opportunity, get yourself registered with the CIL (Careers Info Line - your local TDF or AFCO will have the number) as that will start the ball rolling. Once the taps are opened up for recruitment in a particular branch they email everyone on their list with that selection, it really is fastest fingers first so be religious in checking your emails.

The process after that may have changed since I went through it, I know that the OASC procedure has changed for all new applicants from the 01 Jan 2011.

Things that may trip you up.

Fitness, depending on your age you need to be at the very least able to reach a light blue standard. Equally as important is your weight, I had to drop about 10kg to fall within the limits.

Eyesight, this is what tripped me up as I fall outside of the requirements.

Qualifications, they have sinced raised the standards for all aptitude related branches which for WSOP are 5 x GCSE Grade A-C but one must be Maths Grade A-B.

Start buying a decent Newspaper now or subscribe to something like 'The Week' as you need to have a good appreciation of current affairs.

Practise your Speed, Distance, Time calculations and other Aptitude related tests.

Get yourself involved with your local Commissioning Club if possible to help you prepare. Arrange as many visits as possible including 55(R)Sqn which is the last Thursday of every Month, get hold of some decent secondary duties with strong responsibilities such as handling large amounts of cash.

Consider volunteer work to demonstrate spare capacity and community spirit, for example during my prep time I spent a fair few Saturday mornings helping out in my local Oxfam all whilst balancing work and Family life, it can be done.

It's a long and deep process but if you really want this, you will do it.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
My free time in 2010 for me was largely spent preparing for remustering to the trade of WSOP and believe me, if you do decide to go for it, you must be committed.

Next opportunity, get yourself registered with the CIL (Careers Info Line - your local TDF or AFCO will have the number) as that will start the ball rolling. Once the taps are opened up for recruitment in a particular branch they email everyone on their list with that selection, it really is fastest fingers first so be religious in checking your emails.

The process after that may have changed since I went through it, I know that the OASC procedure has changed for all new applicants from the 01 Jan 2011.

Things that may trip you up.

Fitness, depending on your age you need to be at the very least able to reach a light blue standard. Equally as important is your weight, I had to drop about 10kg to fall within the limits.

Eyesight, this is what tripped me up as I fall outside of the requirements.

Qualifications, they have sinced raised the standards for all aptitude related branches which for WSOP are 5 x GCSE Grade A-C but one must be Maths Grade A-B.

Start buying a decent Newspaper now or subscribe to something like 'The Week' as you need to have a good appreciation of current affairs.

Practise your Speed, Distance, Time calculations and other Aptitude related tests.

Get yourself involved with your local Commissioning Club if possible to help you prepare. Arrange as many visits as possible including 55(R)Sqn which is the last Thursday of every Month, get hold of some decent secondary duties with strong responsibilities such as handling large amounts of cash.

Consider volunteer work to demonstrate spare capacity and community spirit, for example during my prep time I spent a fair few Saturday mornings helping out in my local Oxfam all whilst balancing work and Family life, it can be done.

It's a long and deep process but if you really want this, you will do it.

Best of luck.

On top of all that, all prospective WSOps will also have to complete the AST BEFORE they proceed to OASC. This is relatively new and has the potential to trip people up before they've even started the process.