• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allotments 2012

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Tell you what, 25m by 10m looks fecking huge when you have to dig it over!

I have to put a fence in too due to rabbits and that has to be dug in as well

G

grumpyoldb

Tell you what, 25m by 10m looks fecking huge when you have to dig it over!

I have to put a fence in too due to rabbits and that has to be dug in as well

Mines 40m x 10m. Wait untill you start the weeding. It's like painting the Forth rail bridge. You think you've got it done and have to start at the beginning again.

It's worth it though. We are still using last years onions. I've got about 4 dozen left, then there's peas (frozen), beetroot (boiled sliced and frozen), and sprouts(frozen). Oh and about six bags of chopped cabbage also frozen.

As for rabbits, they make a passable chicken madras. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On my plot in Lincoln one of the alotmenteers have a tractor and plough! For £20 he would plough your ploy over (plough depth of about 14") in the blink of an eyelid!

Maybe an option before you fences go up to talk to local farmer as they all like the look, sound and smell of easy money!

P

pie sandwich

Tomatos

Tomatos

This year my Tomatoes have been a bit of a pain, they are only now starting to ripen.
However I thought I would give some different types a go this year and picked a Roma tomato, since they are a bit more "meaty"

But they started by having a funny coloured bottom, I didn't think anything of it really so I just kept an eye on them.
But they have all turned out like the tome in the picture below, does anyone know whats happened to them?

CLICKY

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
This year my Tomatoes have been a bit of a pain, they are only now starting to ripen.
However I thought I would give some different types a go this year and picked a Roma tomato, since they are a bit more "meaty"

But they started by having a funny coloured bottom, I didn't think anything of it really so I just kept an eye on them.
But they have all turned out like the tome in the picture below, does anyone know whats happened to them?

CLICKY

It's called 'blossom end rot' caused by dodgey watering conditions, e.g. drought and rain. Which is really what we've had this year.

W

wgaf

Mower

Mower

My trusty old mower has finally given up the ghost! Any suggestions for a new one, need petrol (there's no power at the allotments) preferably self propelled and good for the allotment paths and the garden?

G

grumpyoldb

We got one off flea bay earlier this year for 30 quid. It's run all summer without problems. There's no name on it but we didn't want to spend a fortune on something that will sit in the shed for the winter.

Entropy

Sergeant
My trusty old mower has finally given up the ghost! Any suggestions for a new one, need petrol (there's no power at the allotments) preferably self propelled and good for the allotment paths and the garden?

My local tip has a recycling centre, there's always lawnmowers bikes etc. there. Someone makes a living from collecting them on a Sunday afternoon so plenty are being thrown away especially at this time of year. Take a visit to your local tip or look on your local council's web site to see if they have anything? If not try fleabay as Grumps said. I got an electric lawn rake for £10 earlier this year.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

I have one I can sell you mate, there was a bit of discussion about it here, but I assure you that its all fixed...:pDT_Xtremez_30:

W

wgaf

Like I'm going to trust a bombhead! My names billy hunt not silly c**t!