• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aircraft toilets and Vaccinations...

FootTapper

Sergeant
A bit of an unusual question, but I thought the collected wisdom might offer me some help.

I'm wondering if there's anything official laid down to say what vaccinations should be offered to personnel carrying out regular servicing on Aircraft Toilets?

I have access to AESOs and Intranet at BZN, but couldn't find an order relating to it (if anyone knows of one please point me in the right direction) but I would think it's likely to be determined by more than just local policy?

I know there's plenty of toilet emptying techies on here - can anyone help?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As you are a civilian I think you need to approach serco. Other than the routine service vaccinations I've never heard of anyone having special ones for emptying the bogs so I guess by implication one would be covered by those.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
As a serviceman, I would have a word with the friendly EH Tech.
Alternatively, if you have a concern, consider an AEMS

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If it's just aircrew waste you are emptying then no inoculations are required...It's ambrosia and good enough to eat to be fair...You should be paying to carry out the task!

FootTapper

Sergeant
As you are a civilian I think you need to approach serco. Other than the routine service vaccinations I've never heard of anyone having special ones for emptying the bogs so I guess by implication one would be covered by those.

It's a question some of the lads have asked me, and I'd like to be able to pass up the chain what the RAF Aircraft Engineers on the base are doing (as our procedures are mostly meant to fall in line with the Station's)

I'd hoped there would be something easy to find in AESOs as a basis for us to follow, but I can't see anything in there.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As I said, I'm pretty sure servicemen are covered by the standard issue suite of vaccs. Have you approached the EH Tech?

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
To work on bog systems you should have Hep A, like has already been said its now a standard inocc for RAF types.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
You should have Hep A, Hep B and Typhoid all of which are currently included within our routine vaccination program.

However there is a national shortage of Typhoid and I am led to believe this is being prioritised to those more "at risk".

Check your blue book and see if you are due and make SMC aware of your tasks.

E-Goats Resident EHT :)

If it's just aircrew waste you are emptying then no inoculations are required...It's ambrosia and good enough to eat to be fair...You should be paying to carry out the task!

Arrr always made sure the riggers had distemper and rabies jabs up to date, although the fact that we were sat next to the Leckie desk may have had some bearing on that as well as the growbag's effluent. Ah the days of layflat tubing.........