• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aircraft mechanic Australia and general advise

foxOneFive

Corporal
Well nobody is forcing you to apply! I'm just offering a job and giving some adviSe to help others.
That's the problem, you knew these people and what they were capable of. Imagine that you receive a CV (amongst the tens if you're the hiring manager or hundreds if you're HR) you received that week from someone you don't know and it's obvious that they only spent 10 minutes throwing together a generic CV with loads of spelling and grammatical mistakes (i look over the odd spelling/grammatical mistake, we all do that!) and didn't clearly explain what they did in their career but included the phrase "i have great attention to detail", be honest with yourself, would you think "wow, this person is worth an interview i bet they're great"?
By the way, i've been an aircraft mechanic/technician for 36 years, 23 of them in the RAF, so, yes, i do know what a bl00dy spanner looks like!
Apologies about the experience thing. I hold my hands up. And I get everything that has been said. And what you have said.
I think your original post may not have come over as you expected it (bit like the txt message that went wrong?)
Hope you get some good boys and girls in your company

230Tiger

Sergeant
Apologies about the experience thing. I hold my hands up. And I get everything that has been said. And what you have said.
I think your original post may not have come over as you expected it (bit like the txt message that went wrong?)
Hope you get some good boys and girls in your company
No problem mate, apology accepted.
Yeah, it would seem that it didn't come over as i expected. Believe me my only objective was to just make people aware of a job opportunity and offer some advice on what i find frustrating with CV's so that others can benefit from it and at least get the chance of an interview (wherever they apply to).

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't really see why all the hate on this thread, it read to me like some good CV writing advice.