• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A biker dilemma...

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Popped into my local dealer this last weekend to pick up some visor cleaning stuff - and parked in the show room is a 2007 reg ZZR1400. Jet black, 5500 miles on the clock and in mint condition....literally, if the Angel Vorderman could assume bike form, she would be this bike....

Now, as I only bought my tried and trusty Honda CB1300FSA back in February I would obviusly be mad to go and buy this machine. But after seeing it on the showroom floor and being told that it is currently the fastest production bike in the world, I find myself tempted beyond all recognition to sell the family into slavery, move into a tent and use the money as a deposit for this biking equivalent of the Spitfire...

Any advice? Man up and make do with my current machine, or throw caution to the wind and buy this road harpie and ride her like the beast she is....?

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Unless you are a cat, being in possession of 9 lives, then the single one you have should be lived to the full.
Can you go through the rest of your life with the regret and doubt of looking back and thinking... If only...
GET IT

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
The 2007 reg ZZR1400 isn't the fastest production bike...The new one maybe, but not this year.

Mr SCJ

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Speed isn't every thing. You can't use it. Soul and passion is! You could go from one soulless a Japanese bike to another soulless Japanese bike. Granted they work but they just lack that little something. Or you could get with the biking program and buy something that has a soul and something about it. A triumph triple, Ducati or Aprilia etc depending in your loon level. If you want fast and mad get an Aprilia Tuono in vtwin or v4 that'll put fire in your belly!

Jap Inline 4's = snore fest. In short do t buy it and save for something else.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Like myself you are fairly new to this biking game, therefore do you really need the fastest production bike in the world when you already enjoy your current machine? Leave yourself something to build up to

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Popped into my local dealer this last weekend to pick up some visor cleaning stuff - and parked in the show room is a 2007 reg ZZR1400. Jet black, 5500 miles on the clock and in mint condition....literally, if the Angel Vorderman could assume bike form, she would be this bike....

Now, as I only bought my tried and trusty Honda CB1300FSA back in February I would obviusly be mad to go and buy this machine. But after seeing it on the showroom floor and being told that it is currently the fastest production bike in the world, I find myself tempted beyond all recognition to sell the family into slavery, move into a tent and use the money as a deposit for this biking equivalent of the Spitfire...

Any advice? Man up and make do with my current machine, or throw caution to the wind and buy this road harpie and ride her like the beast she is....?

Well, Mr Kryten, a lot of this hinges on whether there is a Mrs Kryten and lots of little Krytens to grieve you once you've been smashed into bits of pipe, wiring and insulation gummidge. In your robotic case I fail to understand the phrase 'man up'. I suspect you've been programmed to want a lethal Big Beast when you are still qualifying on a Smaller Beast. Has anybody taken out a life insurance policy on you recently?

And without you how would Mr Rimmer be able to put his underpants on by himself?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Thanks for all the comments - probably wont get it just yet as I can't really justify spending money on a bike 6 months after getting this one....that said, there is always next year....

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
^^^^^^
Two twister grips on the front, and a nice tight box at the rear... I've known women less perfect than that!