• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Belting Read

I can honestly say I don't think I have read an account that better describes mankind's ability to triumph over unimaginable pain, the kind of which the rest of us (thankfully) can only ever imagine.

It is indomitable spirit at its very best

Jimps

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
The almost dispassionate manner of his tale left me in some respect for him. Those injuries were very unfunny !

His almost passing reference to divorce and re-marriage (a subject which would normally be expected to feature a tad higher) were a masterpiece of 'en passant'.

L

LuckyNav

Hi

Thought I'd quickly register and make a Cameo appearance to say thanks to Jimps for starting this thread and to others that have read and/or commented above.

Ian

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
A stunning read that puts all my rather trivial woes and ailments firmly in their place... in a small box out of sight in the back of the wardrobe!
I cant even begin to understand the physical pain and mental trauma that you went through, and even continue to suffer nowadays, but thank you for sharing, it certainly brings perspective to life.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Hi

Thought I'd quickly register and make a Cameo appearance to say thanks to Jimps for starting this thread and to others that have read and/or commented above.

Ian

Drawing conclusions on the Goat can get one into trouble, but
if you are THAT navigator,
Sir, I salute you.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
An inspiring read, Having worked in the seat bay, and fitted many there is no better feeling than hearing 'He got out'. I hope you are well.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I really am that Navigator

Ian

This is the second amazing tale I have been fortunate to read on the Goat. The other one was that Eng. Officer (W/Co Taff Holden?) who jumped the chocks in a Lightning at Lyneham MU and off he went, managing by God's grace and luck to do a circuit and bring it back, sitting on a beer crate.

To quote Spok: "Live Long & Prosper".
You've earned it!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited: