• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7.5% pay cut.....

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
So.....I checked my annual salary on JPA after the new pay scales have come into force and I've been given a 7.5% pay cut....now i'm not a trade that has lost out with the NEM as we have stayed low pay band to thats not the issue. Having spoken to Admin they have said its 'a JPA error' however are unable to furnish me with any further details i.e. the 'JPA error' is gonna be fixed!

Having spoken to various people, it seems this isn't isolated to my pay and many people have this problem. Do any HR gurus out there know if this is a major incident etc and if it will be fixed fairly soon? As it stands i'm due to lose around £350 a month until this is fixed.

4everAD

Sergeant
So the new pay model that's supposed to make people want to stay in strikes again! I had heard of quite a few Army guys in the same position but some of them had 14% pay cuts so may not be that rare a problem. This really will be the gift that keeps giving, you have my genuine sympathy as I doubt there will be little (through no fault of their own) that your HR guys will be able to do quickly to fix this.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I now find myself, after 3 years as a level 9 of 9 FS as on the same pay scale as a level 7 of 10 FS. So, marking time then chaps - thanks a f****** bunch! Luckily I've already put my notice in.

Digzster

Sergeant
I now find myself, after 3 years as a level 9 of 9 FS as on the same pay scale as a level 7 of 10 FS. So, marking time then chaps - thanks a f****** bunch! Luckily I've already put my notice in.

I was lucky and saw this one coming 3yrs ago when all the "plans" were being made. I jumped ship 6 months later having done 35.5 yrs. So glad that I did what I did, when I did. I was already getting frustrated with other "changes for the better" and dread to think what I would have thought had I been affected with this shower of ......

The old saying time to go was so true.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Change is a constant, during my time lots of things were taken away and only a few things were given back.

Now with a new employer and in the two years I've been with them it's just the same, people who joined years ago have plenty of grandfather rights and people joining today don't get what I've got.

I suppose the difference is when I reach the end of my tether with this lot it's just 3 months notice and no pension trap, although I will have to time it right so I don't lose my bonus and company given shares.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
In many job circumstances its only seniority that counts with regard to 'benefits'. However, in a great many divvy street jobs, the benefits you are used to will nearly always be there because of a contract.
A recent colleague constantly got his £1 per month "hand towel washing Allowance" cos in the 1960's his union got him that benefit and it remained on his pay docs up to his retirement.
I feel for you guys being so terribly ripped off...but the amount of guys staying in tells the Guvmint that it's really not too bad.
Now...How much is your uniform worth?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I would love to give them the finger and walk, but that would mean sacrificing my payout and large chunk of 75 / 05 pension, which I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of keeping. they can put up with me doing feck all for the forseeable instead.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I would love to give them the finger and walk, but that would mean sacrificing my payout and large chunk of 75 / 05 pension, which I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of keeping. they can put up with me doing feck all for the forseeable instead.

Way ahead of you WB! I have less than 6 months left before I go on resettlement leave and I don't plan on doing a vast amount except attending the gym, a lot. It does help that I rarely receive either email or work anyway!

sulky

SAC
"So.....I checked my annual salary on JPA after the new pay scales have come into force and I've been given a 7.5% pay cut"

Just a quick question, ive had a look on JPA, but cant find anything. How do i check this on JPA?

Martin Blank

Sergeant
if you go to My information view it lists your Employment Salary and Absence
Already lists new salary
I'm up £350 a year with the 1% but overall I'm going to be £11 a month down with NEM and NI changes

I checked my JPA last week, and I had a pay increase of approximately 2.2%. I checked it again this morning and now JPA is showing that I have a 4.5% pay cut, which is incorrect according to the NEM pay scales.

Admin have also told me that it's a JPA error and that the pay roll for this month shows that I'm being paid at the correct amount. I've to go back to them if I have any further problems.

sulky

SAC
Just checked, im £15 down on what i had last month, and the new house charges havent come online, so when that does it will be about £65 a month less than march.Payise my arse, even though my yearly salary has gone up by £600 this sucks.

Making the decision at 22 (in 2 years) a lot easier.

#feelingundervalued

Turbine

LAC
After all the adjustments have been added and subtracted (change in housing cost, change in NI contributions my amazing 1% pay rise, change in personal income tax allowance) I break even to within a Pound or two.

I wish it was better news (would be nice to an extra £50/60 a month to help cover the cost of living increases) but at the same time it could be far worse

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Figures finally in pay rise £29.22 up with the 1% then £37.59 down on the extra NI contribution so -£8.37
£100 down over a year....
only saving grace is my pension adjustment for being a reservist should balance me out to my old money without any pay rise

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Same here; £10.00 worse off so a big thankyou to the grade A retards who stated that 'this isn't a money saving option'.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
ive got a £6 pay cut and no pay rise due to the new structure till I get promoted. all in it together my arse...

Had a quick scan on JPA myself, turns out with all of the changes I'm still getting about £2k a month after deductions into my account for very little work, and all the free medical care I could want. Still can't see any deduction for my pension either.

Seems good to me.