• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7.5% pay cut.....

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Screw that; I want my MoD sanctioned electric biff vehicle to enhance my struggle to work from the car park. Must be 20 metres at least and I'm not getting any younger!

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Screw that; I want my MoD sanctioned electric biff vehicle to enhance my struggle to work from the car park. Must be 20 metres at least and I'm not getting any younger!

don't forget the installation of ramps so you can ride it all the way to your desk

Checking JPA again today, it still says I've got a pay cut, but the payslip shows the expected increase. Sounds like it is just a 'JPA error'.

ERT

Corporal
Pay increase, NI increase.... <£10 better off

6 years to 22... signed on to LOS 30....

Any point staying longer than minimum time to receive pension?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
That depends on your perspective on things...

Are you young enough / do you have the right qualifications to move into civvy street and build another career before your state pension age? How much are you earning right now, and can you compensate for any wage loss that moving to civvy street will (possibly / probably) create?

Do you have somewhere to live?

I've not signed to 30 (promotion lottery hasn't offered it yet), and I won't be doing so either. I intend to jump ship at my 22, where I will be 45 and (as far as I'm concerned) young enough to make the transition. Lump sum pays mortgage deposit, pensions pays it off (as a lowly Cpl, this limits me to houses at the cheaper end of the Market - ie Wales, 'oop North' etc)

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Had a dalliance with JPA £91 a month worse off after my pay rise winner!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
But do you not still get a stocking allowance as a nurse to make up for it?

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
no stocking allowance as I have a chit signed off by the head of the RAFMS stopping me from wearing them 'to preserve the mental and physical well-being of the RAF and human kind'

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
4% pay rise for me on the outside coming soon. Just saying like. .... :)

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
- Getting paid an an extra £30 per month
- But paying out an extra £37 per month for NI
- Ive noticed a considerable increase in prices when eating in the feeder. I no longer find many inclusive "core meals" so everything like a spoon of rice, a slice of bread, veg, dessert, hikes up the price.
- Somebody posted from Los to Con is now paying over 200% more for accommodation (but it is a different grade).

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So Im receiving less net pay for the same job. And thats before you add the cost of inflation when buying things on the outside (such as the weekly shop and petrol).[/FONT]

Last edited: