• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Month Dets for the RAF

duffman

Flight Sergeant
On our unit we had a high ranking visit, and this question was put to him, answer was put up online for all to read. It's happening but it won't be all in a oner on 'x date' it will be phased in over time.

Got phonecall, my det has been brought forward.... asked the question direct to manning, 4 or 6.... the response was 'Anyone deploying after April 1st is 6 months... Anyone in already in theartre on this date is unaffected and will stay on original assignment order tour length of 4 months' and then it was quickly followed up by the line'... if the new OOA tour length rulings are rubber stamped'. Now, can anyone enhance on that... The fact no-one senior at HQ seems to want to put out a proper statement of when this will be decided upon beggars belief!

M

monobrow

Says to me that it is rubber stamped and will be published later, late march probably.
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

unruly1986

Sergeant
Any more news on this? After speaking to admin here, have been told it is at PJHQ and they are looking at pushing it back until later this year.

LNMI20

LAC
Any more news on this? After speaking to admin here, have been told it is at PJHQ and they are looking at pushing it back until later this year.

That sort of confirms what I'd been told that the decision is now due in Nov. The manners are none the wiser but dont think it will affect all locations and don't think mid det extensions will occur. Make of that what you will.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Wouldn't it be nice if we were actually given a definitive answer for a change!

It's post specific at the min. I dont even think them in the know when the date will be that it will all change. Mine is 6 months but that again is because of the post I am going into. Others in my rank/trade/location are 4.

From manning today. "There is still no update whether DWR's are going to 6 months or not. There is no forecast at this timefor when a decision may be made by the powers that be".