• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Month Dets for the RAF

kev827

LAC
Was in a briefing today and its official, everyone in the RAF will be doing 6 month dets as of Apr 12...what are peoples thoughts?

Will Medical Centres now be maxed out with people going sick?

M

MQ-9 Reaper

Was in a briefing today and its official, everyone in the RAF will be doing 6 month dets as of Apr 12...what are peoples thoughts?

I feel a cough coming on...... ow my back......... oooh my knee. dont know whats up with me all of a sudden.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not suprising really with the numbers being cut.

The Pongos will have to find something else to whinge about now.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

Care to elaborate where this briefing was and at what level was it delivered? I find it a bit strange that something that will affect us all hasnt been disseminated to everyone.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Well, it's taken 20 years or so until the brownjobs have won. Time will tell with the glassback numbers etc.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Is it going to be people deploying before Apr 12 will be extended??

Or if you deploy AFTER Apr 12 you'll do 6 months??

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I cannot speak for other places, but MPA was always six months for officers, with the exception of Aircrew of course. For them, if I recall correctly, it was about 2 days (one of which was R&R).

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I assume the airbridge can now cope with the extra flights required? Considering a year ago the removal of R and R for the RAF was supposed to ease the pressure we now add another return flight a year for every current four month post.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
oh well

oh well

I assume the airbridge can now cope with the extra flights required? Considering a year ago the removal of R and R for the RAF was supposed to ease the pressure we now add another return flight a year for every current four month post.

They maybe haven't thought about that....
Or the fact that every survey that has been carried out over the last few years by the Families people and attitude survey said it would be not welcome to extend to 6 months.

don't forget the extension to the FISP slots (if they still trully exist?)

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Another rumour to get people to leave on the cheap before the next tranche of redundancies just like all the pension scaremongering. 1st April 2012 seems to be our doomsday, we'll all be dead in Dec 2012 anyway so it doesn't really matter

Digzster

Sergeant
Well, if this rumour is true, then my liver will certainly not survive 6 months on top of a mountain in the FI!

Last time I was down the medical boys came out to look at the possibility of extending the tours to 6 months and there was a resounding "NO" due to the isolation / conditions. I wonder what (if anything) has changed?

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Well, if this rumour is true, then my liver will certainly not survive 6 months on top of a mountain in the FI!Last time I was down the medical boys came out to look at the possibility of extending the tours to 6 months and there was a resounding "NO" due to the isolation / conditions. I wonder what (if anything) has changed?
Your liver would be safe as the mountains are on a 2 can rule and have been for a while now.More to the point is that the mountain sites are all digital posts and as such you'd require a pool of manpower to fill in during R&R.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Your liver would be safe as the mountains are on a 2 can rule and have been for a while now.More to the point is that the mountain sites are all digital posts and as such you'd require a pool of manpower to fill in during R&R.

If they continue to squeeze any more fun out of the job it's really not going to be worth doing...Whats next? A wank embargo?

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Look on the bright side, you'll get 2 weeks R & R so it's only a 5.5 month det :pDT_Xtremez_27:

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Look on the bright side, you'll get 2 weeks R & R so it's only a 5.5 month det :pDT_Xtremez_27:

Not too mention the extra week's POL at the end ;)

And, theoretically, it should (a very big should) mean longer between detachments too ;)