• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

27 years ago to the day

firestorm

Warrant Officer
On the 4th of February, 1986, a young, fresh faced 17 year old stepped off the bus and walked up the snowy path to start his recruit training at RAF Swinderby. It seems like a lifetime ago.

shettie

Flight Sergeant
On the 4th of February, 1986, a young, fresh faced 17 year old stepped off the bus and walked up the snowy path to start his recruit training at RAF Swinderby. It seems like a lifetime ago.

February '86... Half way through my second tour in RAFG... :) Get some in! :)

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Go away you old feckers, you're making my thread smell of wee.::p:

I've still got another 5 years until I retire!

mick-a-nick

Corporal
Retire

Retire

No retirement for me - just another career change!!!
Working for the wife does not float my boat.

MK1

LAC
i joined on the same date (4/2/1986) but left 5 years ago. Feels like it happened in another life to me. I could never imagine having to go through all that again.

Cutlery Banging B***ard

Cutlery Banging B***ard

25 Feb 1986 - I bet you were one of the 'old sweats' banging their knives and forks when I walked into the Airmen's Mess in jeans and DPM boots!Harsh.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
25 Feb 1986 - I bet you were one of the 'old sweats' banging their knives and forks when I walked into the Airmen's Mess in jeans and DPM boots!Harsh.
What colours were those DPM boots?

I used to have black DMS boots.

G

grumpyoldb

One of our lads looked like he had DPM No1's after he pressed his best blue with a yellow duster.

The DI was well impressed. :pDT_Xtremez_31: