• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2017 Pay Rise

2017 Pay Rise

• Meh! Everyone is feeling the pain so happy

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Fooked off. I am worth more than this!

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • I am punching above my weight anyway...

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

FOMz

Warrant Officer
So still no news on it yet?

Do you think they will leave it until lastminute.com to tell you that you are being bent over and fisted dry this year?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Why would you need to tell anyone when it's well known that all public employees are going to be limited to 1%. I don't think the armed forces will be any different.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Why would you need to tell anyone when it's well known that all public employees are going to be limited to 1%. I don't think the armed forces will be any different.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Would be nice to know accommodation and food cost increases as well as all the other things included in the pay review. They may cap rises at 1% but they could take away a whole lot more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Digzster

Sergeant
The hinted at rise of 1% in the wage unfortunately will not also mean a 1% rise in allowances or indeed a 1%
in costs e.g. SFA / Accomm / Food. Best guess from me is that these will go up by min 7%.

By the time tax/ NI / costs are removed from your wage packet you can bet the bank that it will work out at a NET loss!

So glad I'm out of this now.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Likely to be buried amongst the Article 50 triggering on Wednesday.

Re the 1%, shame they are banging on about those that serve and protect the country whilst effectively lowering morale and lowering our standard of living.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
1. Find out what extra the benefit monkeys are getting to compensate their dreadful way of life.
2. Half it.
3. Move the decimal point

That's what you're getting

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
There is no money. so there is no pay rise. hence its 4 days before the end of the month and the AFPRB 2017 report is still not out. good job they are getting £300 A DAY to report nothing.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
There's enough cash for MPs to give themselves a £1,049 pay rise though... the ****** 's

This is in no way a trolling exercise.....

But, do you think that now we have no more 'high profile' operations, and nearly all our boys are back on the home front, the MP's are thinking 'well they made do with 1% when Iraq and Afghan were hot on the agenda, so they can make do with 1% in peacetime'.

I'm on the outside now, so not as well connected as I was. So please, please, don't expect me to know how it is in the reality of today's RAF. I know recruitment is poor and retention is poorer still, but I don't think overpaid MP's are going to throw money on a pay rise as a recruitment/retention tool.

I know i'd willingly advocate a higher than 1% rise, as i'm sure most of the population would. The only problem is the AFPRB and MP's are the only ones that matter in this respect. I agree that it'll be buried in the Brexit article 50 tomorrow.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
This is in no way a trolling exercise.....

But, do you think that now we have no more 'high profile' operations, and nearly all our boys are back on the home front, the MP's are thinking 'well they made do with 1% when Iraq and Afghan were hot on the agenda, so they can make do with 1% in peacetime'.

I'm on the outside now, so not as well connected as I was. So please, please, don't expect me to know how it is in the reality of today's RAF. I know recruitment is poor and retention is poorer still, but I don't think overpaid MP's are going to throw money on a pay rise as a recruitment/retention tool.

I know i'd willingly advocate a higher than 1% rise, as i'm sure most of the population would. The only problem is the AFPRB and MP's are the only ones that matter in this respect. I agree that it'll be buried in the Brexit article 50 tomorrow.

This is spot on. The military are not getting much airtime (apart from Marine A) these days and Joe Public has pretty much forgotten Iraq & Afghanistan.

The very harsh bottom line is that if there's not a weekly news footage of a repatriation then the military will always be bottom of the pile when it comes to pay awards.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
This is spot on. The military are not getting much airtime (apart from Marine A) these days and Joe Public has pretty much forgotten Iraq & Afghanistan.

The very harsh bottom line is that if there's not a weekly news footage of a repatriation then the military will always be bottom of the pile when it comes to pay awards.

That is because it seems that our military media is run as an afterthought. Take a look at the RAF website, images in low definition (500 px max width) and not selectable to get to an HD version with very basic write ups.

If mainstream media are looking for a news story that won't find anything decent on that site.

As a comparison, take a look at the Republic of Singapore Air Force Face Book page. (their website is as crap as the RAF's) where as the RAF don't seem to have an official FB presence. And social media is where all the flag waving is happening.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
That is because it seems that our military media is run as an afterthought. Take a look at the RAF website, images in low definition (500 px max width) and not selectable to get to an HD version with very basic write ups.

If mainstream media are looking for a news story that won't find anything decent on that site.

As a comparison, take a look at the Republic of Singapore Air Force Face Book page. (their website is as crap as the RAF's) where as the RAF don't seem to have an official FB presence. And social media is where all the flag waving is happening.

Want to see how it's done.. look at the Yanks.. or the French. You wouldn't get this on the RAF Website...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeolqRvJ2Vo

Last edited:

dctyke

Corporal
Something to think about. The two deputy fire officers where I live in North Yorkshire have just been given a 33% pay rise which comes to £35,000 to make their annual pay £115,000 with benefits ......... in their last 12mths of service! Of course they are on a final salary pension which has just got a whole lot better. It was awarded by their immediate boss the chief fire officer,