• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2017 Pay Rise

2017 Pay Rise

• Meh! Everyone is feeling the pain so happy

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Fooked off. I am worth more than this!

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • I am punching above my weight anyway...

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
You'll take your kick in the b*llocks with 1% (Paid by reducing allowances and pension f*ckery even further) and what's more be grateful for it.......:pDT_Xtremez_42:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its the perpetual sh1t sandwich which may come to an end next year?

This comment was brought to you by 'false hope inc.'....I hope it cheered you up a smidge.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
1% split over 2 tranches.. but all accom costs etc will go up on 01 Apr 17 I reckon...

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Remember Thatcher shafting us in the early 80s. Had to wait till November for news of the increase. Gave us 1 1/2% with 1% straightway and the other 1/2% in the January. Food and accommodation went up leaving everybody out of pocket.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I also remember the Torys giving us some mega rises and labour also splitting the rises, just remember all politicians are seeunts and care more about pumping money into schools and NHS, not buying a few more tanks.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I also remember the Torys giving us some mega rises and labour also splitting the rises, just remember all politicians are seeunts and care more about pumping money into schools and NHS, not buying a few more tanks.

I do remember a Tory Govt giving a double-digit pay rise (whoop whoop). But I also remember interest rates were 15-20% and Inflation was in the teens.

I may be wrong, but I thought the pre-Blair Tory Govt started the staging of the rises.

I also may be wrong, but I think it was Cameron's Govt that was the first to completely ignore the AFPRB reports and give no rise whatsoever. Wasn't one of the leading members also sacked by CMD for daring to suggest the military deserved a rise?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I do remember a Tory Govt giving a double-digit pay rise (whoop whoop). But I also remember interest rates were 15-20% and Inflation was in the teens.

I may be wrong, but I thought the pre-Blair Tory Govt started the staging of the rises.

I also may be wrong, but I think it was Cameron's Govt that was the first to completely ignore the AFPRB reports and give no rise whatsoever. Wasn't one of the leading members also sacked by CMD for daring to suggest the military deserved a rise?
Step one Govt back from the milk snatcher and you'll find interest and inflation levels that would stop you sleeping for a long time.

Mortgage interest charges were included in inflation before Brown (a Labour chancellor) took them out so don't go double counting, 2 plus 2 just doesn't equal 8.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Oh yes the only mega pay rise I remember was awarded by the labour government in 1979, but implemented by the milk robber who took all the praise. 32%,if I remember correctly

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Step one Govt back from the milk snatcher and you'll find interest and inflation levels that would stop you sleeping for a long time.

historical-interest-rate-1945-2011.png

Here's a free history lesson for you about where interest rates were under the Milk snatcher. They weren't much better under Heath either The sharp drop in the early 1990s was when Lamont tried to beat the market with taxpayers money and ended up costing us billions.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
View attachment 14089

Here's a free history lesson for you about where interest rates were under the Milk snatcher. They weren't much better under Heath either The sharp drop in the early 1990s was when Lamont tried to beat the market with taxpayers money and ended up costing us billions.
Don't know what your trying to say, pre Thatcher the Labour Govt created the two biggest spikes in Bank Rate and the country was ill prepared to cope as it struggled with a post industrial UK.

Yep there is a spike during Thatcher, caused by our exit from the ERM, but the trend is down.

Do you have a similar chart for inflation? Or doesn't that support your argument, or how about strike days and unemployment all of which tend to be worse under a left leaning Govt.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Here you go found one for you.RPI All Items- Percentage change over 12 months- Jan 1987=100.png

Always happy to learn from a free history lesson.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
One thing I've learnt is 10% of feck all is still feck all

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts