• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zulu

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
A time zone we work to in the [wiki= RAF ][/wiki] but nobody can explain where the name came from.

Zulu is also a nickname give to someone on a Squadron thats a bit slow and is "Always an hour behind"

[category=]RAFANASAURUS[/category]

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
ZULU time comes from the formation of GMT which was called GMT Zero Time or GMT Z time. The Zulu simply comes from the phonetic alphabet for Z.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Guys,
thanks for the inputs... but Wobbly is testing the new Goatpedia software, so you may see random posts in here at the moment. When it has been tested, it will get populated.

Goatpedia is a lighthearted E-Goat wikki... so don't take it too seriously eh?

Obi Wan

Sergeant
Guys,
thanks for the inputs... but Wobbly is testing the new Goatpedia software, so you may see random posts in here at the moment. When it has been tested, it will get populated.

Goatpedia is a lighthearted E-Goat wikki... so don't take it too seriously eh?

Well I reckon that Bleedin Michael Caine has got a lot to answer for. him & bleedin rourkes drift

Sergeant
zulu

zulu

i remember zulu being a drunken dance performed in the pigs bar/rugby club.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Alpha time

Alpha time

When I were a sprog, alpha was Central European Time (British Summer Time) and so on eastwards. Now, you say, it goes west instead (much like the armed services and the NHS). When did that happen? Was it one of Baldrick's Cunning Plans scribbled on a beer mat in the Pigs' Bar? Or something more sinister emanating from the Station Golf Club after the CO and the SWO had gone home? I think we should hold a referendum.