• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XIII reforming

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cmon you forgot flying pay and free aircrew rations...

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Personally - I would like to see them wear a niece beige knitted cardigan with elbow patches, with some courdroy trousers and a nice pair of brown brogues..... and all done from somewhere nice and quaint... like Walton on the Naize. For rations they should be given cream teas and a Singapore Sling.

G

gemarriott

Personally - I would like to see them wear a niece beige knitted cardigan with elbow patches, with some courdroy trousers and a nice pair of brown brogues..... and all done from somewhere nice and quaint... like Walton on the Naize. For rations they should be given cream teas and a Singapore Sling.

never happen, for that code of dress to be efficient you'd need a pipe and some St Bruno and some cnut would bound to whine about their yuman rites!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So anyway, in all seriousness when they reform will there be any RAF technical input or will it all be supported by General Atomics?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
So anyway, in all seriousness when they reform will there be any RAF technical input or will it all be supported by General Atomics?

There will be both. Mainly RAF support from TG4 in the GCS I would guess.

CAS was OC XIII go figure! In all honesty could you ever imagine 1 Sqn as RPA?

Roobsta

Corporal
Doubling the reapers to 10 - wow, what an impact! That's going to take a whole lot of tech input - not! Controlled from the UK (jobs for the boys) - maintained by whom and where? Cynical? Moi?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Somehow, I don't feel that either flying it or even maintaining it are a job for the mob.

It's like employing a bus company to run a lift......

....or, the RAF can scrabble around in the dirt looking for scraps of semi-relevant employment.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Doubling the reapers to 10 - wow, what an impact! That's going to take a whole lot of tech input - not! Controlled from the UK (jobs for the boys) - maintained by whom and where? Cynical? Moi?

Have you seen the technical requirements needed to get this thing airborne?

Jobs for the boys? Don't get it.

6 GCS with 6 aircraft can give a min of 84 hours FMV a day, that is 42 GR4 sorties without AAR and they cans drop weapons too! It is a huge impact me old.

Downsizer, the aircraft are Afghan based, what would the guys do the other 8 months a year?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I don't think it's quite so simple, there's alot more things to add in.

I was being conservative let's assume a 3 hour turnaround for each aircraft. I can give you an extra 54 hours in a 24 period, so thats 138 hours FMV.

It is a simple as that!!! The limfac is crews.

duffman

Flight Sergeant
I was being conservative let's assume a 3 hour turnaround for each aircraft. I can give you an extra 54 hours in a 24 period, so thats 138 hours FMV.

It is a simple as that!!!

Not quite, they work well together, not really compared against each other. Oh and a T/R takes alot less than 3 hours:pDT_Xtremez_14:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Not quite, they work well together, not really compared against each other. Oh and a T/R takes alot less than 3 hours:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I was referring to a conservative Reaper T/R not tonka. I am revising the figure down by 12 to make sure it fits in 24 hour period.

With 6 reaper it can do more in a day than a Sqn of GR4 in a week!

duffman

Flight Sergeant
With 6 reaper it can do more in a day than a Sqn of GR4 in a week!

Ahh that depends on what you want doing in a week. Fast response and bad weather aren't reaper's strong point. Although long hours over the target are, like I said they work together not against.