• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTF is going on?

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
In these days of lean and having to chop bits from the AMM training package to save money I have just witnessed a pointless spunking of the Tossford budget. Live EGRs on the JPs has been chopped from the syllabus to save money on the amount of fuel burnt, yet there has been a Jag randomly taxying round the airfield. Surely that would be burning up far more fuel than our little hairdryers and as such isn't lean. Anyone got any answers as to the purpose of this?

Oh and it also seems the chopper driving/learing to drive the dig pussy wanted to taxi it off the de-tuner.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
In these days of lean and having to chop bits from the AMM training package to save money I have just witnessed a pointless spunking of the Tossford budget. Live EGRs on the JPs has been chopped from the syllabus to save money on the amount of fuel burnt, yet there has been a Jag randomly taxying round the airfield. Surely that would be burning up far more fuel than our little hairdryers and as such isn't lean. Anyone got any answers as to the purpose of this?

Oh and it also seems the chopper driving/learing to drive the dig pussy wanted to taxi it off the de-tuner.
Check your facts FLT cos the chopper driving it never had any intentions of taxying it off the Tubes - you lot need to start asking some questions instead of jumping to stupid, immature and ridiculous conclusions. You'd be better off sticking to your own job rather than poking your noses into other peoples business.

Anyway back to the original question - those aircraft are on a 28 day anti det cycle which requires engine run and aircraft move every 28 days regardless of syllabus need. In addition to run it iaw the book on the detuner requires the engine to be run at 80%. Its a fekk sight cheaper on fuel and the carbon footprint to taxy it than to put it on the tubes.

You may also like to know that we uploaded 385 liters of fuel for it this morning (took 12 minutes with the bowser on tickover) and not the 3000 that some chopper down your place claims we did

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Would this be the same Jag, the ground running of which, got leaned out of the Rigger to Sootie MSAT course by any chance :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Hu Jardon

Would this be the same Jag, the ground running of which, got leaned out of the Rigger to Sootie MSAT course by any chance :pDT_Xtremez_15:
No that one is being disposed of

These ones are managed under a new set of rules - clearly some people don't like that - they also don't like the fact the Jags have been allowed on the runway:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
No that one is being disposed of

These ones are managed under a new set of rules - clearly some people don't like that - they also don't like the fact the Jags have been allowed on the runway:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Ooohhh. Can we have one please :pDT_Xtremez_28:

The old PST gets busticated too easily :pDT_Xtremez_25:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
And the last anti det run for one of them allowed me to to do some unoffical but highly educational back seat monitioring addition to my sootie conversion.

But it did have the tanks on I designed and running guards that I was the last inventory holder of...:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hu Jardon

And the last anti det run for one of them allowed me to to do some unoffical but highly educational back seat monitioring addition to my sootie conversion.

But it did have the tanks on I designed and running guards that I was the last inventory holder of...:pDT_Xtremez_30:
Same aircraft same guards - where's your signature on it?

Hu

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Same aircraft same guards - where's your signature on it?

Hu

Signature is on the Spotty one. RH U/C door with the A Shift riggers. If fact name is on the kite in two places.:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Inventory code is a blue badge with INV CPR on the guards (forget the saints sh*te painted on the front) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hu Jardon

Signature is on the Spotty one. RH U/C door with the A Shift riggers. If fact name is on the kite in two places.:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Inventory code is a blue badge with INV CPR on the guards (forget the saints sh*te painted on the front) :pDT_Xtremez_30:
I'll take a look in the morning

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Check your facts FLT cos the chopper driving it never had any intentions of taxying it off the Tubes - you lot need to start asking some questions instead of jumping to stupid, immature and ridiculous conclusions. You'd be better off sticking to your own job rather than poking your noses into other peoples business.

Anyway back to the original question - those aircraft are on a 28 day anti det cycle which requires engine run and aircraft move every 28 days regardless of syllabus need. In addition to run it iaw the book on the detuner requires the engine to be run at 80%. Its a fekk sight cheaper on fuel and the carbon footprint to taxy it than to put it on the tubes.

You may also like to know that we uploaded 385 liters of fuel for it this morning (took 12 minutes with the bowser on tickover) and not the 3000 that some chopper down your place claims we did

Humble apologies Hu, just going on rumour and conjecture. I will give said chopper with bad maths a good talking to in the morning, then duck when they throw something heavy at me.

Still it did start off a short but sweet infight.

Hugs & Kisses, FLT

Hu Jardon

Humble apologies Hu, just going on rumour and conjecture. I will give said chopper with bad maths a good talking to in the morning, then duck when they throw something heavy at me.

Still it did start off a short but sweet infight.

Hugs & Kisses, FLT
Its not a problem mate but before I go off with both barrels I usually check things out

Yes there is a shortage of Bowsers - but our supporting contractors are paid to provide 2 but only provide 1 - whose saving (making a profit) there ?

and who's feeling the pain?

The one bowser that did pitch up was full, allegedly my lad drew 385 litres, when it got to you it only had enough to fill 1 and a half JP's instead of the 5 you needed filling. Where did the rest go - was the bowser full like it was claimed? Did the bowser contents meter work? Had teh driver dipped the tank?

But your guy decides that my bloke had nicked all your fuel - So once again the contractor wins and we are at each others throats

And as for taxying a jet off the detuner - there are guide/safety rails on it FFS which work fine when you are towing - but do you seriously expect anyone to taxy over a pit with nosewheel steering? He was only on there 'cos it was the closest bunded fuelling area. If he was a cowboy (and he has been called worse) he'd have fuelled it on the pan FFS.

Lets stop the dick waving contest and crack on with our own jobs - its a big enough airfield

And as final word - we were allowed on the main runway 'cos its got 2 engines and if we loose one we should still be able to clear the runway

Take care

Hu

Last edited:
F

FairyGoodGuy

All this talk about cutting the budget... Why not just spend all the money on converting a hangar and move all us Fairy / Elect types over to it.... What a complete waste of money!!! I'm sure there is a bigger picture to all the moving and money saving but seems like a big 'o' waste of money....

Hu Jardon

OK you'll need a fast film in your camera and a wide angled lens 'cos I'm about to make an apology.

It would seem that the bowser concerned has got a zero missing and we did take more than we should have so I'm sorry

There you go:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Now if we had taken the amount we are claimed to have taken, 3450 litres, (bearing in mind our aircraft wasn't empty) we would have needed a ferkin big mop cos I'm sure an empty Jag only takes around 3200

sumps

Sergeant
Why dont Tossford stop teachhing reheat systems as well or start teaching Props and make our life easyer?

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Why dont Tossford stop teachhing reheat systems as well or start teaching Props and make our life easyer?

FYI we ARE going to start teaching props in the new FT course as well as reheat AND water injection.
Something for everyone in the pot-pourri of a course.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Would that be just like to old sootie fitters course by any chance my good man? The words wheel and re-invention spring to mind. You never know they may finish the FT course and get a four bladed prop.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

The new course does not follow the old ways we will soon no longer have people who are either riggers or sooties. (Hence the large numbers of people coming on multi skill courses to become cross trained on the other discipline.) So it's not a sooty course or a rigger course as we would remember it, those days have gone. The course covers both elements and is designed to meet the requirements of a multi skilled Air Force in the 21st Century. (Damn close to the party line that bit sorry)

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4416&highlight=1235

Have a look here ^^^^^^^^ it goes into much more detail about the new course and it's content.

Last edited: