• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wow!

W

wgaf

21 years ago today a young lad caught a ferry from Ryde on the Isle of Wight and started what can only be described as the adventure of a lifetime. Along the way he met and became friends with people that could only be described as the finest of a generation. He made his fair share of errors and he had more than his fair share of fun. He took advice from just about anyone he met, some of it good, some of it not so! He learned that life is for living and having fun. He's lost and he's found people and come to realise that that the good ones will stand by you through thick and thin, the not so good ones.............well who cares really!
For those that joined me on my little adventure I raise my glass and a laugh by way of appreciation. I feel sorry for those that either didn't or couldn't join me. It's been a ball! For those that are still here I sincerely thank you with all my heart, for those that are no longer with us I will no doubt shed a tear at the right time.
For those who have guided and mentored me through lifes trials and tribulations I am forever in your debt.
If I have given back just a small percentage of the fun and joy I have recieved I will leave this band of happy people a happier better person.
Thank you.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
What are friends for WGAF mate? Sounds like your turning into a sentimental old giffer but I know what you mean.

W

wgaf

Oooh you are a bounder!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

EDIT: As this is in a public forum I edited the profanity for you wgaf :pDT_Xtremez_30: MM

Last edited by a moderator:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Only in the Military does this ring so true!

You can be best mates with someone and spend years apart and when you meet again its like it was yesterday :)

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
Awwwww you soft bugger, so you do have a heart somewhere then!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Nicely put Wgaf :)

Lamptramp

An ex-DF - in dog rescue!

You can be best mates with someone and spend years apart and when you meet again its like it was yesterday :)

Couldn't agree more! 6 of us plus spouses meet up twice a year for a show, dinner and a couple of drinks. we first met in'68 at Coningsby on the Tombs. Happy days - still going on.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I will leave this band of happy people a happier better person.
Thank you.
Are you dying or something? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Some of my best mates are, or were, in the military. Most in the Air
It takes a special kind of person to join any of the services and I found early on that generally they are my kind of people.
I think I will always regret not joining up, I guess my fathers persistance payed off.
I can only assume that having lost one son he didn't want my Mam to lose her other one too. Not in a morbid way, but once I left home and got posted I wouldn't have come home as often as they would have liked.

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
21 years ago today a young lad caught a ferry from Ryde on the Isle of Wight and started what can only be described as the adventure of a lifetime. Along the way he met and became friends with people that could only be described as the finest of a generation. He made his fair share of errors and he had more than his fair share of fun. He took advice from just about anyone he met, some of it good, some of it not so! He learned that life is for living and having fun. He's lost and he's found people and come to realise that that the good ones will stand by you through thick and thin, the not so good ones.............well who cares really!
For those that joined me on my little adventure I raise my glass and a laugh by way of appreciation. I feel sorry for those that either didn't or couldn't join me. It's been a ball! For those that are still here I sincerely thank you with all my heart, for those that are no longer with us I will no doubt shed a tear at the right time.
For those who have guided and mentored me through lifes trials and tribulations I am forever in your debt.
If I have given back just a small percentage of the fun and joy I have recieved I will leave this band of happy people a happier better person.
Thank you.

It is probably your failure to embrace HFMEMS that means that after 21 years you are already a Cpl.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Oh Heck.
Just when someone mentions him after long absence, he's back.
OK, lads, Rule Books at the ready?
Plenty of writing paper and pens ?.
He can begin. . .

W

wgaf

It is probably your failure to embrace HFMEMS that means that after 21 years you are already a Cpl.
I thought it was my alcoholism. My penchant for just signing jobs off. Being an idiot. Enjoying defecating myself. Habit of drinking my own vomit. Habit of bullying anyone smaller than me until they cried. Oh and general lazyiness.

G

grumpyoldb

Aw. come on wgaf. You must have some bad points. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Rambling Sid

Sergeant

I agree with you there, and you almost take up the conversation from the last time you met..........