• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worse live act you have seen

sid the squid

Sergeant
Went to the 80s festival at newark over the weekend and having seen probably the worse live performance in my life i thought i would see if fellow goaters have had similar experiences.
After Midge Ure who in my opinion was on top form and has still got it, followed Bananrama.
Well at first i thought 2 ****ed women from the audience had been hijacked because the ****e that came out of their mouths was out of tune,flat and generally awfull. I know they were not known for their musical skills but i have to say they surpassed themselves for being totally ****e. Watching some of the faces by us looking like they were in a deranged version of the x factor auditions was funny and generally had a good laugh about it, thankfully the rest of the bands were decent

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I was dragged by the long haired dictator to watch Japan in the very early 90's not long after we first met.... Fcuking awful. They should have stayed in the early 80's.

Blue72

SAC
Razorlight. Saw them at a music festival a few years ago - they were headlining so came on to an audience that had been built up by a succession of other acts, by the time they came on the audience was well up for it. They seemed totally disinterested and the best you can say about the performance was that it was flat. At times there was 30 second or more gaps between songs with no explanation, just them wandering round the stage looking bored. they left the stage at the end with almost no ceremony and there were no calls for an encore - which kind of underlines how poor they were. Half the audience had wandered off to the minor stages by that time, in any case!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Daphne and Celeste...some bellend let them sing one song at Reading a number of years ago....gallons of p1ss got thrown before they gave up.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
And not forgetting Public Image Limited (John Lydon's band) at the Stone Roses concert in Finsbury Park in 2013...

Talk about utter sh1te... And he knew it.

The Primitives

The Primitives

Only went to see them coz the lead singer was fit at Newcastle Mayfair.

Every song sounded like their only hit 'crash' and at the end the lead singer said 'Thanks Newcastle you have been sexy'. That was alll she said all night.

The support act were better. 'Goodbye Mr Mackenzie'. Saw them again when they supported Wet Wet Wet in 1986 at the Colston Hall in Bristol. Remember thinking that the Wets sounded like they had a fair chance of making it.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Madness were a disappointment live. Lots of canny shuffling on stage, but Suggs sure as hell couldn't sing.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Sig Sig Sputnik in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. They were utter sh1te and to top it all off after leaving early I got mugged outside the venue, the **** kicked out of me and robbed of a couple of quid.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
Meatloaf at the SECC Hydro in '13 doing the Bat out of Hell final tour..

The guy himself is still a big presence, and put his heart and soul into the show - but at 66 his voice just wasn't up to it anymore and was breaking up badly at times (very croaky etc). Without the voice to carry it off he just looked like a punch drunk old boxer wandering round the stage ..

Best qualiy live for me was the pet Shop Boys - the lack of flaws at times had me wondering if they were miming to a record at times

Best, atmosphere ever. Cough cough, shuffles feet, looks sheepish and says - Gary Glitter.. He was the best showman I ever saw - although that memory is now tainted by find he was a nonce..

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A toss up between Neil Young and Van Morrison. Both just sat there. Morrison wasn't interested. Young only played songs from his latest album. Waste of money for 2 concerts.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Razorlight. Saw them at a music festival a few years ago - they were headlining so came on to an audience that had been built up by a succession of other acts, by the time they came on the audience was well up for it. They seemed totally disinterested and the best you can say about the performance was that it was flat. At times there was 30 second or more gaps between songs with no explanation, just them wandering round the stage looking bored. they left the stage at the end with almost no ceremony and there were no calls for an encore - which kind of underlines how poor they were. Half the audience had wandered off to the minor stages by that time, in any case!

Seconded. They were at V festival a few years back and did exactly what you describe. Awful.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Worst live act? The solo Ukulele player who practices in the office most lunchtimes and has done for around 2 years. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Take your pick from most of the acts at the London Olympics opening. Paul McCartney and Madness were particularly bad.

ktuludays

LAC
Oasis in the late 90's - boring, overly loud and no stage presence at all. Def leppard at Sheffield arena were disappointing too. Had wanted to see them for years and would have thought hometown gig would have been a belter, I was wrong. It didn't help that it was on the rather ****e sparkle lounge tour!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I walked in on my Dad smashing my Mum's back doors in once......does that count? :pDT_Xtremez_34: